Abs headache

Mattstang04

Established Member
So I'm working on my dad's 01 L. His abs light illuminated. He took it to a shop and they told him a sensor went bad and the abs module is shot. They replaced the sensor but want about 1300 to replace the module.

With his style of driving, we can get by without the abs system. However, I'm afraid the truck won't clear state inspection with abs light on.

Is there a delete that clears the abs light? Could the abs system be turned off with a hand held tuner? Anybody know someone who rebuilds these abs modules? They seem to be lightning specific. Don't think i can a use a regular f150 module, can i?

New modules are rare and priced around 800 bucks. I can install it myself if I can get it cheap enough.

Mattstang04

Established Member
We've thought about just pulling the bulb. Still leaves us concerned that it won't pass inspection though. But if the modules are all the same we'll go that route. Appreciate the reply. Thanks

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
We've thought about just pulling the bulb. Still leaves us concerned that it won't pass inspection though. But if the modules are all the same we'll go that route. Appreciate the reply. Thanks

There is an outside chance the rear abs sensor is the problem, cheap and easy fix if that is what may be the cause.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Know anybody with a body code scanner? It will either narrow down the problem or if it can't communicate with the abs module then the module is bad.

You may fail inspection if the abs light doesn't work, you'd have to research more for your state

Mattstang04

Established Member
The body codes were pulled. Didn't get to see what they were. One of the front sensors was bad. That got replaced. Supposedly the other code was for the module. Also the shop he was at supposedly put jumper on the abs pump and it worked fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread