Adaptive Fuel Table - leave intact or negate?

HPLouis

Established Member
Hi,
I know in the SCT manuals they talk about negating the Adaptive Fuel Table and there is a good premise to it, i.e. the adaptive fuel table makes changes to the base fuel table using long term fuel trims so what is learning at low load/low RPM can also be applied to open loop fueling and can cause WOT fueling changes over time.

I was talking to a reputable SCT tuner and he said that he leaves the Adaptive Fuel Table intact. When I asked why, he said that Ford put it in there for a reason and he, and other tuners, have been leaving it intact with no problem.

I wanted to ask you guys, what do you do? Do you keep it intact or do you turn it off?

Thanks

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I turn the adaptive fueling off while in the process of tuning. That way I only have to deal with the STFT's. Once the tune is done I turn it back on.

HPLouis

Established Member
Hi,
This is the table I'm talking about:
28942869588_ce74c4399b_z.jpg

Se how they talk about adjusting it in a way to negate it.

decipha

Established Member
that info is not technically correct, the kams are direct fuel multipliers and are not based directly upon the base fuel table.

all ford strats have an adaptive fuel table even on the oddball speed density strats and foreign strats that are open loop only

I disable adaptives til i get my fuel dialed in i then enable it and almost always use 2250 rpm and half throttle maf corrections for all WOT reference. At that high enough flow rate the injectors are flowing static and any fuel correction there is going to be needed at WOT as well. I also reference that same correction for idle as well so i can easily see the condition of the fuel system very easily.

I then take it a step further and clip the wot kams from being negative for added safety.

Users who are viewing this thread