Adding CF5V black graphite custom Forgestar wheels thread

Rios302

Established Member
I always wanted to get wheels yet I never did to any of my previous cars, partially because all my previous cars had great looking wheels. I was finally able to save some money to go out and buy some wheels within my budget. Even though I did plenty of research, I only saw this wheels in one other Mustang but the car was red while mine is black. So I am not 100% sure who they are going to look in my car. Anyways I will be uploading pictures here as the staff starts to show up in my door. I already have the wheels I am just waiting for some lowering springs and tires to finish the install.

Rios302

Established Member
I order the wheels from an online dealer which I am not going to name due to their poor costumer service. The ways took longer than expected but they finally arrived. I was at work checking my tracking number to make sure UPS did not stop by my house when I wasn't there. It turns out I missed the UPS truck by 5 minutes so I decided to go buy me a Chipotle burrito to relieve my pain. It was then that I saw the UPS truck delivering some boxes to a house near by. I quickly pull over and waited for the UPS mail man to come back. I know the guy pretty well so when he came back I asked him about my wheels and if there was a way for him to go back to redeliver them. With a huge laugh he told me he was not able to do until he finished his route. That was going to be like in 4 hours and I just couldn't wait any longer. He then laugh even harder. He then said that he could drop the wheels right there and there and putting my car. I hesitated at first but immediately accepted. I took delivery of the wheels and the rest was figuring out how to take them home. Surprisingly I was able to fit 1 in the truck, two in the back seats and one in the passenger side. I was all set, so I headed home so happy that I forgot about buying me a burrito. 1.JPG

Rios302

Established Member
Here is a picture of one of the wheels. 19x11 deep concave cf5v in black graphite finish 2.JPG

Last edited:

dormeas

Established Member
I can't see the pic of the wheel in your last post. Though it may be due to my work computer blocking everything...

Anyway, get those things mounted up. I like the style of those wheels and rarely see them on mustangs, so be sure to post some good pics.

Rios302

Established Member
I can't see the pic of the wheel in your last post. Though it may be due to my work computer blocking everything...

Anyway, get those things mounted up. I like the style of those wheels and rarely see them on mustangs, so be sure to post some good pics.
I think the image didn't uploaded right so I edit it. I will sure upload more pictures.

Rios302

Established Member
I have everything ready, tomorrow I will be taking the car to have everything installed. The tires are Nitto invo 305-30-19, the adjustable panhard from BMR and K-Springs from Ford Racing (1.5 inch drop). I also got a set of GT500 camber plates but since I did not order any shocks and struts I will not be using those just yet.

liter of cola

Established Member
Awsome dude, love your story. Reminds me of how i feel like a child on christmas eve whenever i have a fresh new car part in the mail. Im getting a set of wheels and lowering springs myself soon, im stuck between choosing the cf10's or the cf5v's im gonna do 19x11 and 19x9.5. Cant wait to see how these cf5v's look on your car. Good luck.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
I heard all you had to do is complain a bunch and pretend you didn't hit anything it fixes itself...

LMAO..

OP, those look sick! Invos look ridiculously aggressive in that size. Also lol'd at forgetting your burrito haha

Matt in Houston

I like SVT & I cannot lie
Established Member
Awesome looking wheels...I am also waiting for my black graphite F14's; hopefully a few more weeks. I wish they made the CF5V in 18" for my rears and I would have chosen them over the F14's.

Rios302

Established Member
IMG_3892.JPGIMG_3894.JPG

The car is finally at the shop. I look around and found a shop that will do the whole thing for 300 bucks. This includes replacing the old springs with the new lowering springs, adjustable panhard, removing two of my old tires for the front wheels, the Nitto Invo tires for the rear, wheel balancing and alignment. There was another place that quoted me $15 less but they said I needed to bring the car by tomorrow but I just can't wait.

Rios302

Established Member
Black graphite looks great man you are going to love them. I had a hard time deciding between the F14s and the Cf5v's at the end I went with the CF5vs because they kind of look a bit like my old brembo's so it kind of goes. The f14s remind me of the 10th Anniversary Cobra wheels and that's why I also like them a lot. So what size width did you get yours?

Rios302

Established Member
LMAO..

OP, those look sick! Invos look ridiculously aggressive in that size. Also lol'd at forgetting your burrito haha

I know I totally forgot about the Burrito but it was all good at the end. I honestly bought the tires do to the thread patter but also because they are asymmetrical so I can rotate them from one side to the other every 5k miles or so. The reviews about the tires are not bad either.

Rios302

Established Member
Great story, looking forward to seeing them on. I myself am waiting for a set of Forgestar CF10s to arrive.
You won't be disappointed the wheels are noticeably lighter even though mine were deep concave in all 4 and slightly wider compare to the stock brembos.

Matt in Houston

I like SVT & I cannot lie
Established Member
Black graphite looks great man you are going to love them. I had a hard time deciding between the F14s and the Cf5v's at the end I went with the CF5vs because they kind of look a bit like my old brembo's so it kind of goes. The f14s remind me of the 10th Anniversary Cobra wheels and that's why I also like them a lot. So what size width did you get yours?

Yup the black graphite color looks amazing to me from pics I have seen of other cars. I think you made a great choice.

My F14's are 19x9.5 deep concave front and 18x11 deep concave on the rears. I am going with a drag radial tire with a larger sidewall on the rear. Probably a 305/45-18 NT05R. This is more of a function over form setup but I am betting it will still look killer on the streets. My car is not my daily driver anyway. We shall see!

Users who are viewing this thread