Adding nitrous

96vertsnake

Established Member
I have a Zex kit and I'm thinking of putting it on my car. If I run a 100 shot and I have plenty of fuel, will I need to have it tuned again?

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
I have ran/designed nitrous kits on some of my toys but never with boost.

For nitrous you will want to pull some timing, and I would def would just do a dyno run to check if the afr is acceptable. I would be conservative on motor that is already blown. because the cooling effect of nitrous, 100 shot is more then likely going to give you more hp, where ever the kit is rated at motor/or wheels.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
100 shot will be fine but i would def get a tune for it. For my car, i have a 93 tune and a nitrous tune in my X3. Currently i have a 50 shot but stepping it up to a 100 wet shot after winter.

96vertsnake

Established Member
Thanks. Im only at 16psi on the blower and my 60lb injectors are at the limit at 7200 rpm. If I'm going to need atune to add the nitrous, I'll just wait and get the money together to increase injector size and either a smaller blower pulley or overdrive crank to get up to the 19psi it should be making and add the nitrous.

I'm looking for the nitrous to help with the low end before the YSI spools up.

FORD4U

Established Member
a 50 shot shouldnt need tunning, i would still check the afr but no need to pull timing as long as you have a decent tune, if you are pushing the timing to its limits with your current tune then i would retune but if your tune is a little conservative then a 50 wouldnt hurt. usally you pull about 1degree of timing for every 25hp but many things depend, but most dont worry to much untill you start to reach 75-100hp, what pistons do you have in you car now? i assume they are forged but if they arent stay far away from nitrous, hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread