Adding the basic Bolt ons

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
I just bit the bullet and bought the VMP twin 69mm throttle body, reische 170 degree t stat, VMP 2.4 upper, VMP 90mm idler, Lethal off road H pipe, BR7EF spark plugs and the Lund n gauge. Adding all of this to my stock trinity with the exception of a recently installed JLT 123 big air CAI. I just filled out the tune request online for my lund canned tune. My questions are: the tune specification form doesnt ask for pulley size change, off road pipe swap, or the thermostat difference/change. Dont these need to be added/adjusted in the tune? Its after hours so I cant get lund on the phone this evening. I know most of you all have already been done this road, so just wondering. Also what sort of gains can I realistically expect? Gonna do the 4.11 rear gears after all of this. Thanks to all who will help!

HPLouis

Established Member
I know a pulley had to be accounted in the tune as far as A/F and timing. I'm not sure about the throttle body. I know for the FMS, I didn't have a problem. With the thermostat, they can change your fan settings. I have the stock thermo and I still have the fans come on 10 degrees earlier. For the O/R pipe, they might, or might not, turn off your O2 sensors (there was a big EPA thing about this).

Can you call tomorrow before you submit the sheet? If I were submitting, I would like to talk to someone about what I want done and my goals, etc.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
I know a pulley had to be accounted in the tune as far as A/F and timing. I'm not sure about the throttle body. I know for the FMS, I didn't have a problem. With the thermostat, they can change your fan settings. I have the stock thermo and I still have the fans come on 10 degrees earlier. For the O/R pipe, they might, or might not, turn off your O2 sensors (there was a big EPA thing about this).

Can you call tomorrow before you submit the sheet? If I were submitting, I would like to talk to someone about what I want done and my goals, etc.
Already submitted it, but yeah definitely gonna call in the am. Thanks man.

HPLouis

Established Member
Already submitted it, but yeah definitely gonna call in the am. Thanks man.
Anytime. I tune with the SCR Pro Racer package but I get my base tunes from JDM and I fill out the sheet but I call after submission. I would call and after talking to Jim, something would change. The last time was when I subitted the sheet for the GT500, he asked if I was changing the mid pipe. I said that's planned for the future but that can change my tune. I'm glad I spoke to him since I made the change after talking to him.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
I appreciate the input. What sorta gains did you see after all of your bolt ons? Compared to simular set ups and VMP statements, Im expecting 80-100 rwhp.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I definitely want to get mine dynoed. Gonna get it all installed with the lund canned tune first. Then take it to Kurgan’s.

Why did you choose lund can tune if your going to Kurgan? Is it just to get the car there?

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Why did you choose lund can tune if your going to Kurgan? Is it just to get the car there?
No. I enjoy working on my own car, and I had to purchase a tuning device anyway. I can data log and get it pretty near perfect going back and forth with lund, but I want a good dyno tune and Kurgan can tweek it while there as good or better than lund.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
No. I enjoy working on my own car, and I had to purchase a tuning device anyway. I can data log and get it pretty near perfect going back and forth with lund, but I want a good dyno tune and Kurgan can tweek it while there as good or better than lund.
I agree. I look forward too see what Kurgan can do with your car

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Timing tables in the tune are based on load. As such, the timing tables can accommodate a range of boost and timing that covers most pulley sizes, so it's not specific to the tune. However, the stock tune is not calibrated to do the same thing and loads can be exceeded without modification. You're tuner can explain it, but you're worrying about nothing.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Yeah hes the best. Ill post and let ya know when I do.
I
Timing tables in the tune are based on load. As such, the timing tables can accommodate a range of boost and timing that covers most pulley sizes, so it's not specific to the tune. However, the stock tune is not calibrated to do the same thing and loads can be exceeded without modification. You're tuner can explain it, but you're worrying about nothing.
Thanks catmonkey.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
With these carscand basic mods, the remote Lund tunes with datalogging are fine. They got me to 750rwhp with just Lund mail order.
You should be 650-675rwhp area.
Good luck.
-J

Robot_trainer

Established Member
I believe Lund changes the fan setting with their tunes as a mater of course. I got their canned 93 octane tune for the cold air and throttle body. When I added the T-stat and headers no changes were needed in the tune. it was already covered.

Users who are viewing this thread