adjust tune?

stangfreak

Established Member
so I swapped out my magnaflows to a mac catback. I wanted something more aggressive. sounds really good now. I noticed, just driving around, the car feels sluggish and lost throttle response. Its almost like im giving it gas to go but it just doesnt have that crisp feeling anymore. anyone else experience this? I need to get a retune anyway when I do my fuel system.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
AFR= air fuel ratio. Also known as a wideband. You'd know if you have one.

The catback shouldn't affect the tune. More than likely you're not using as much gas because the mufflers are louder.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Headers are really the only exhaust piece you need to retune for due to O2 sensor relocation (longer transport delay). Well cats vs no cats for OBD2 reasons.

A catback should have make no difference, even if it flows better the gain is more from removing sone of the pumping loss. MAF Counts and there for AFR would not likely change. If your running regulator Magnaflow (not magnapack) the Mac is a VERY similar design, chambered, offset.

The need for a tune is almost always when you have more air going through the MAF from more boost, less intake restriction etc. Then you'll be moving up the MTF to a cell you haven't specifically tuned yet from direct data.

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Magnaflow mufflers are a straight through muffler.

Magnapacks are, regular aren't at least on a SRA, I have them.

Interesting, both Magnaflow and MAC are straight through on an IRS. Wonder why that is.

All the rest of the info is still pertinent though, that's interesting about SRA vs SRA.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
ok. just wanted to confirm. I knew you didnt need a tune but the car really does feel different. Im shocked.

Users who are viewing this thread