Adjustable clutch cable engagement issues

Dj97SN95

Established Member
So I just put in a king cobra clutch a few hundred miles ago along with a steeda adjustable clutch cable and quadrant, with a UPR firewall adjuster. Now my clutch is grabbing at the very top of the pedal. Before I changed everything out it would grab about half way down. Does anyone know how I can dial this setup in to make it grab lower again? I've tried adjusting everything a few times but it didnt change anything. Under the dash the cable is on the hook closest to the firewall.

Dj97SN95

Established Member
Nevermind, I took the time to try a few different adjustments and I got it perfectly dialed so I will just leave this here for reference. I screwed the firewall adjuster about all the way flush to the firewall and then tightened up the slack on the cable down at the trans just enough to leave a tiny bit of slack up top (If I tugged on the cable with some force at the firewall it would come back far enough to stick a dime in between the adjuster and the plastic end on the cable. I probably turned the adjuster maybe 1 full rotation to the left to achieve that tiny gap. I pushed the cable back in and tightened down the set screw on the adjuster. The pedal moves more freely at the very top and when pushed in the clutch grabs at the same spot as it did before I changed the clutch and cable (halfway down). I double checked to make sure throwout bearing wasn't hitting the ears on the pressure plate when the pedal was not pushed in and sure enough I'm good to go. I guess it just took some trial and error to get it right :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread