Adjustable Gurney flap

ESPN8

Established Member
I read somewhere that the "Flap " on the rear of the 2010,s is adjustable . Does it move automatically at certain speeds or did i just missread something somewheres.

bpmurr

Established Member
I read somewhere that the "Flap " on the rear of the 2010,s is adjustable . Does it move automatically at certain speeds or did i just missread something somewheres.

I believe at some point they will offer different pieces to go in that area of the spoiler. I tried adjusting mine but I can't get it to move. Any more pressure and it feels like I could break something.

ESPN8

Established Member
I believe at some point they will offer different pieces to go in that area of the spoiler. I tried adjusting mine but I can't get it to move. Any more pressure and it feels like I could break something.
Thats what i thought . I just wondered if they were like the Porshe that moved up and down as speed increased or decreased .

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
It's supposed to be adjustable; but it will be in a fixed position once adjusted. It doesn't have any automatic means of actuation like a Porsche. I mean, c'mon; it's still a Ford here :beer:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
It's supposed to be adjustable; but it will be in a fixed position once adjusted. It doesn't have any automatic means of actuation like a Porsche. I mean, c'mon; it's still a Ford here :beer:

hahahaha, good thought

ESPN8

Established Member
What was i thinking . I know i know , give your head a shake . After all , it is just a Ford.
I wonder if our FORDS will take a 911 though ???

bpmurr

Established Member
What was i thinking . I know i know , give your head a shake . After all , it is just a Ford.
I wonder if our FORDS will take a 911 though ???

Depends on which 911....

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
And WHO'S driving it! :read:

Ed Zachary :p

I looked at a couple of the '10's and couldn't really tell how they intended for them to be adjusted.

Does the owner's manual not tell you?

Externally, there appeared to be no immediate way for it to be adjusted, I figured it took an allen wrench or something from inside the trunk for it to be adjusted.

Users who are viewing this thread