Advantages of winter

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Thought I would share what I though was the advantages of winter from my standpoint.

#1 Sleep becomes a hobby

#2 Amount of money I spend on gasoline drops drastically

#3 Cant break the car if you dont drive it

#4 More sex

#5 Snowmobiling

#6 Offseason to conjur up new ideas

#7 see pic below....snowmobiling hahahah

FastCobra

Established Member
Im glad to finally see snow up there in Alaska! Been a few years with sucky snow.....Im headed up there for a while and l plan on getting me a nice machine this time arouind!

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
That picture almost makes me want to move up to alaska.....................glad to know your having fun up there :)

BTW That is a beautiful picture...... :beer:

Last edited:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
That isn't an RMK, tsk tsk jk. I wish it would snow here, not enough snow in the Rockys in colorado to take a sled up last time I checked, really blows. What do you think it would take to ship my lead sled to alaska, lol.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Nope...isnt a RMK hahha good catch, pic of my buddy on his 01 Mountain Cat 136. Took a hit and got alot of snow to the face, so I took some pics.

Check out pic below....cobra gets more buried, more than it already is. Its coming down, looks like winter is makin up for the past 2-3 we have had shitty. One thing about Alaska is the mountain start at sealevel, my house is at sealevel. Mountains get pounded.

Weather pattern is odd this year, everything is coming in from west so the mountain up north or gettin hammered, and down south is gettin less snow. They usually swirl up from the south.

Last edited:

SVTHorsnake

Banned
while we're all showing off, I've got an older Powder Special and my dad has an 800 Mountain Max and a Thundercat 1000 (999 in reality). I can't wait to get up to the hills:eek: :thumbsup:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
sure that isnt a 700 Mountain Max hehehe yami never made a 800

The Tcats are badass no dought. Although the new 900 Mountain Cats are insane, they are makin some pretty crazy sleds outa the factory now.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Uh-Huh,

We'll all be laughing down here when it's February.;-)

Whoops, gotta pick out the shorts and t-shirt for Tomorrow. :-D

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
that isnt a lie.

It starts to warm around here in april...but 2 years ago we got 42 inches of snow on april 13th, so I better not speak to quick.

Track opens up may 1st

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by broke7
that isnt a lie.

It starts to warm around here in april...but 2 years ago we got 42 inches of snow on april 13th, so I better not speak to quick.

Track opens up may 1st

Hey, how does your beast handle being under the tarp? Or is it a different car?

I did that with my other Stang in PA and the thing rusted on the inside; moisture got trapped in the interior.

Just curious...

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Its pretty dry here actually, the humidty in alaska isnt bad at all. That is what makes the cold liveable. Its been under the tarp for about 1 month now, I started it up last week and all looked fine on the inside and outside. If It was humid here was humid...oh my....

Its under the tarp. I had it out right before it snowed on the bald F1's and it was no fun, but on good snow tires and some weight in the trunk I think it would be manageable.

Ironically we usually gets some snow, and it melts, it repeats this cycle on off threw november early december. Well right before it snowed my roomate had to work on his modded AWD Talon, it snowed 2 days later, and never warmed up, so im kinda stranded. Gonna take alot of scraping and melting to get it back in the garage.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by broke7
Its pretty dry here actually, the humidty in alaska isnt bad at all. That is what makes the cold liveable. Its been under the tarp for about 1 month now, I started it up last week and all looked fine on the inside and outside. If It was humid here was humid...oh my....

Its under the tarp. I had it out right before it snowed on the bald F1's and it was no fun, but on good snow tires and some weight in the trunk I think it would be manageable.

Ironically we usually gets some snow, and it melts, it repeats this cycle on off threw november early december. Well right before it snowed my roomate had to work on his modded AWD Talon, it snowed 2 days later, and never warmed up, so im kinda stranded. Gonna take alot of scraping and melting to get it back in the garage.

That's good to hear! I hate to hear stories about perfect cars rotting under cruddy conditions. I used to run a dehumidifier in my cars when the weather got sticky. Definitely helped. The only other problem I had was nasty little critters making a home in the glove box.:nonono:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Winter? Its winter?? Um, it still gets up into the 90s here :-(

ssssnake

Established Member
We don't really have seasons here. It's either hot or hotter. It won't start getting nasty until about January or February. But even then, no ice or snow.

Users who are viewing this thread