Advice: Any of my mods hurting Performance?

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Just curious if anyone thinks any of my mods could be hurting performance..

Sam@coastal tuned my car a couple months ago and on the Mustang Dyno I put down like 457/486. Well, I just had a Dynojet Dyno this past weekend and the Results were: 460/478 - 12.1 A/F. WTF! :cryying:

I've seen guys posting here with less mods and putting down more power on a Mustang Dyno. Is my car just a turd? LOL. I'm really baffled. I was hoping to hit closer to 500RWHP.

Mods listed below:

Thanks folks!
Brian.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Granted there are a lot of variables with different dyno sessions, but it does seem like you'd be a lot closer to 500 rwhp. You probably want to post the dyno sheet so the more experienced guys can look at it. Yeah, no fuel mod might be an issue. Good luck to you.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
How much timing is your tune running? What octane fuel?

Mustang Dyno's show low hp, so no need to worry there. How about a slipping clutch? Is that possible?

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
I'll get my dyno sheets scanned in and post them tomorrow..

Not sure about the timing but I'm certain I can play around with my Predator and look into logging a few WOT runs, that should tell me something..

Clutch seems fine.. I did recently adjust for the correct freeplay so it's fully engaging. Doesn't appear to be slipping that I can tell.

As far as Fuel Mods.. Help me out here.. I thought our stock fuel system was more than sufficient under 600HP. If I do anything with fuel mods now, would I neccessarily see any gains whatsoever with them? my A/F is 12.1 all the way to redline and I'm running 93 Octane w/TR6 plugs gapped at .036

JMD0346

Established Member
Stock fuel is good till about 500-550 max. At that point you will need a BAP/pumps ans MAF.ia Or SCT MAF. Might want tp gap those plugs down a bit. Also really hard to tell if a clutch is slipping in the upper rpms. With that much power the stocker just wont cut it for long.

Users who are viewing this thread