Advice on installing Pro M Mass Air Meter

More Cowbell

Established Member
So the car is running pretty crappy right now. Idling all over the place and it's throwing a MAF voltage code. Got a recommendation to replace the MAF and go from there. The car has new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, TPS, and TFI module. I decided to go with this particular meter from Pro M as on their website it says it is "a direct replacement for the 94-95 Mustang." Upon receiving the meter yesterday it is longer than the stock meter and the airbox will not close around it. There is about a 1/4" gap.

Also it did not come with an O-Ring to use where the stock meter has an O-Ring and screen. Am I to use the stock screen/ring combo or will this screw with the calibration on the new meter? Do I just supply my own O-Ring? I really don't think it should be ran without one.

Upon finding this out I sent an e-mail back to Chris Richards at Pro M explaining the situation and asking for advice on how to go about installation. His reply was "The stock airbox will require some modification." and that was it.

Long story short do any of you have experience installing these into a stock air box? I'm assuming something needs to be cut in order for it to close correctly and fit. Would really like some advice on this.

Thanks for any help,

Mike

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
You dont have to use the stock o-ring and screen.
Most people use those MAFs with an aftermarket cold air kit.
Even though the stock 70mm MAF is good for right around 350HP.

Did you happen to install a K&N filter? Wondering if oil got on to the MAF element. Can get some MAF sensor cleaner from the parts store, to clean it out and re-try and the stock MAF.

Users who are viewing this thread