Advice on IRS

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
My plan is to have a solid at some point, but the funds are not looking good at this time. May have to wait a while. So what is the best recipe to keep the IRS together without spending big bucks? I know the first thing is the billitflow brace and it is about 160 bucks. But what else would be suggested to beef it up to handle 600hp? I know i am not gonna spend 1500 on 1/2 shafts either, just gonna take my chance on them. Also how hard is it to install the billitflow brace? Can it be done on jack stands? Thanks

Fang

Established Member
Just read the directions last night. Sounds pretty straight forward. Jack stands, a jack, and a torque wrench should do ya! Also look into getting rid of all the slop the IRS has in it. This would include some of the stuff listed here. Check it out and call them.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/irs-asp.asp

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
For sure... do the brace...
Do the Delrin bushings at the same time(nearly eliminates the hop)...
There is also an inexpensive brace from steeda for the IRS rear subframe mount...
http://www.steeda.com/PR/Newsletters/120304/GAR.htm

Then just keep shock to a minimum with a smooth driving technique.... no 5k dumps with slicks etc...

All the above are fairly reasonablely priced...
And work well in both Drag and Open Track applications...

Jimmy :thumbsup:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
The stock trak-lock is gonna puke at 600 too.

Also weld up the front torque boxes;

You could try to do level2 bars only,

I don't do stuff so it will "just last", hard to be minimalistic about reinforcing something.

Do it to last.

Users who are viewing this thread