Advice on Purchase

Speed Alchemist

Established Member
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the site and have really been enjoying myself. I've been reading through the website for a while now trying to learn everything I can from current owners of the new Shelby. So after a great deal of research and negotiating, I've got a deal in place for a new GT500 but wanted to hear some feedback from you guys about the deal. I recognize that the move would ultimately be up to me but it's always nice to hear others thoughts.

I'm currently driving a 2011 GS corvette and really enjoy it. I wouldn't get out of the car because it hasn't been fun but rather because of what I could move to. I don't have anything on the car beyond the factory add ons and hadn't really planned to do much to it. I have my local Ford dealer willing to sell me the car he just got in the showroom. He's got a 2013 GT500 with the follow specs: sterling gray with black stripes, SVTPP, Tack Pack, glass roof, electronics package, and the Shaker 1000. After a great deal of talking, he is willing to give it to me at MSRP. He's given me decent money for the Vette and after getting a phenomenal interest rate, got me pretty much where I want to be monthly without putting anything out of pocket.

Initially, when I was playing with ford.com, I was going to go with a slightly different configuration and a slightly different option listing. Not that I don't really like the way the car looks or anything, it just has a little different set up than I initially wanted. I get that if you're dropping $60k+ on a car, you should get it exactly what you want but I can't find anyone in the near area that's willing to give me their allotment at MSRP (I got $5k over at best from one place). So, I could be happy with this car I think ultimately.

So, I guess the bottom line is.....should I pull the trigger on the car? Clearly the GT500 will have more power and more performance than the Vette but I don't track my cars ever...I just like to enjoy driving them. I considered the ZL1 because it would be $10k cheaper but a not a huge fan of the aesthetics of the car in all places. I thought about an M3 but think I'd rather keep the Vette instead of the Bimmer. Suggestions? Thanks guys and looking forward to hearing from you.

specizripn

Established Member
I think you'll find that everyone on here loves their new cars! Another thing that you may find is that its getting extremely difficult to find a car at MSRP, let alone with track and performance pack... I think you found a great deal if everything works out, but in the end it's up to you. Keep looking at pictures, reviews, the beginners guide, etc. on this forum, and make sure you like the car, but from what I've heard, you will be very satisfied if you pull the trigger. But I'll let an owner get their word in. Good Luck!

kpinco

Established Member
If the dealer is offering it for MSRP and a good trade for your GS - do it! The color combo is great! There was one here with the same color and stripes but they wanted $20K over! They ended up selling it for $15K over.

Speed Alchemist

Established Member
I think you'll find that everyone on here loves their new cars! Another thing that you may find is that its getting extremely difficult to find a car at MSRP, let alone with track and performance pack... I think you found a great deal if everything works out, but in the end it's up to you. Keep looking at pictures, reviews, the beginners guide, etc. on this forum, and make sure you like the car, but from what I've heard, you will be very satisfied if you pull the trigger. But I'll let an owner get their word in. Good Luck!

Thanks muchly. I haven't seen anyone say that they don't love their car so I suppose I won't expect this will be the case. I think the only hesitation is that it will be a few bucks more per month than I was paying for the Vette. I did feel pretty good about the price of the car so it does for sure make it a tough call to let it go....

If the dealer is offering it for MSRP and a good trade for your GS - do it! The color combo is great! There was one here with the same color and stripes but they wanted $20K over! They ended up selling it for $15K over.

Yeah, it was a little bit of a workout session to get them to drop the $12k ADM and give me a few thousand more for the Vette. It's not an amazing value for my car but he's going to wholesale it and I can't get anyone to buy privately so I'm kinda stuck with the trade in value. I think the hesitation is just because I'll be spending a little more per month than I have been...not that I didn't anticipate that when shopping for a new toy!

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Before switching my color at the last minute I started out with SG/black stripes and I still think it looks incredible!

As far as an MSRP deal goes, that is very fair if you can live with the options and color combo. From what I'm reading, these cars are really hard to find for MSRP right now and even if you find a dealer to order you one, it will be for at least MSRP and you will be waiting for a while. This one is sitting on the ground now!

My car isn't due until 9/4 and I ordered it three months ago. Many guys have horror stories much worse.

I would pull the trigger! :beer:

Speed Alchemist

Established Member
Before switching my color at the last minute I started out with SG/black stripes and I still think it looks incredible!

As far as an MSRP deal goes, that is very fair if you can live with the options and color combo. From what I'm reading, these cars are really hard to find for MSRP right now and even if you find a dealer to order you one, it will be for at least MSRP and you will be waiting for a while. This one is sitting on the ground now!

My car isn't due until 9/4 and I ordered it three months ago. Many guys have horror stories much worse.

I would pull the trigger! :beer:

Thanks for the thoughts...pulled the trigger and the new toy is relaxing in the driveway as I type. I will say that I was a little torn about the move because I really enjoyed the Vette and it was going to mean an increase in disposable income being spent. But, even though I've just basically driven it twice, it's been really really really fun. Still feeling a bit indulgent for the move...but...that car is a slice of heaven for sure!

kpinco

Established Member
Thanks for the thoughts...pulled the trigger and the new toy is relaxing in the driveway as I type. I will say that I was a little torn about the move because I really enjoyed the Vette and it was going to mean an increase in disposable income being spent. But, even though I've just basically driven it twice, it's been really really really fun. Still feeling a bit indulgent for the move...but...that car is a slice of heaven for sure!

Congrats!!! It only gets better!!! :rockon:

Last edited:

03Cobra05GT

Established Member

Congrats! Are you actually in Philly? I'm about 35 minutes North. I'd love to meet up and get a few pics if you're interested.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member

Nice work! :beer: Would love to see some pics when you have a chance!

Mine is finally on the rail car and supposed to be in Phoenix in a week. I'm thrilled!

Speed Alchemist

Established Member
Thanks kindly for the encouragement, all. I'll certainly post up a few pictures shortly (was going to try and find a few nice spots today on while on a nice little joy ride). Haven't really taken too many miles just yet but looking forward it for sure.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Once you have had it a while would love to hear how much better the GT500 is over the gs from chevy.:D Congrats on the purchase!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread