Advice on the SCT X3

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
So, I was datalogging this morning and when i went to play it back, the SCT couldn't find the file. I figured I should check for any updates online. I plugged the X3 back in and proceeded to put the stock tune back in before I hooked it up to my computer. Well, after readying my ECM, the SCT decided to shit the bed. Now I need to get a tow to the Ford dealer to have a new stock flash put in for $150+. Annnd it's Sunday, so no one is open today. Now I need a rental to get to and from work. So advice:

When shit isn't working properly, just contact SCT. And right during the holiday season too. Just my luck

Zacharyx

Established Member
SCT should send you an RMA number to send it in and get looked at, they will call you if it will cost anything before they do it. My X2 died and the shop I bought it from replaced it with an X3. Really sucks that it happened, will your car run with out risk of damage on a stock tune?

Last edited:

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
SCT should send you an RMA number to send it in and get looked at, they will call you if it will cost anything before they do it. My X2 died and the shop I bought it from replaced it with an X3. Really sucks that it happened, will your car run with out risk of damage on a stock tune?

to tell the truth, the tuner is the least of my worries. My Cobra is my only means of transportation. And since it no longer has any parameters left on the ECM, I'm screwed until at least tomorrow.

Zacharyx

Established Member
understand the only means of tranportation, I ended up getting a 4cyl vert for $300 just so I could stop rushing thing each weekend on the turbo car

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
UPDATE

After dealing with SCT for a couple hours, they were able to get into my computer and pull the old file from it. They then decrypted it and built me a recovery file and she is up and operational again. I would like to personally thank the TECH SUPPORT FROM SCT and a big shout out to CHRIS ROSE from AMERICAN MUSCLE. SCT really came through and helped me out big time, and I had sent an emergency PM to Chris who came back with genuine concern and a willingness to go above and beyond to help me. I hope that when people go to pick up their parts, these 2 manufacturers run across your browser first. I know they do for me. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread