Advice on this 03

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
It looks pretty good from what I saw. Those wheels are probably SVE and not the stockers and the engine bay could be more presentable.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Honestly, right now, I don’t know. I can tell you about 4 years ago I paid the same price for mine with only 8k miles. Values have gone up since by a few thousand.
This car has pretty low mikes and looks good. If I were in the market and was looking hard at this car, I would feel comfortable paying 25-27k. That’s a lot of money for an 18 year old mustang, but the car is what it is too.
Dealers are always high on their asking prices, but I don’t think they are too far off from a realistic price on this one.

this is just my opinion and I am not an expert, just an enthusiast. I hope this helps.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks like a good deal to me, especially compared to the average prices in the market right now.

upload_2021-8-12_7-53-46.png

jmsa540

Established Member
Wow....ty, nick!!

That was very nice of you to provide that info.

In still window shopping. I know what I want, I just have to pull the trigger when I find "the one".

I'm actually torn between a few cars, tbh.
Looks like a good deal to me, especially compared to the average prices in the market right now.

View attachment 1716054

Sent from my motorola one 5G using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Front driver's seat looks to have more than average wear and discoloration, but it could partially be the photo lighting. Other than that, I don't see any red flags. Prices have definitely gone up, as with most other used cars, so I agree that the price seems reasonable.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with previous post about compression check at least. Since it is an 03 it could have early build heads on it still. Which had a few issues as you might know. I bought my 03 five years ago for 22k with 45k miles on it at a Lexus dealership. Looks like a sharp looking car tho. Good luck!

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
If @13COBRA says it’s a good deal, then it probably is. He would know better than most when it comes to pricing.

Looks like a nice car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fivelitrecobra

Established Member
Body lines/fender gaps on the hood are off, same with the drivers side door/front fender. Don't know if this would be QC from Ford in 2003 or it may have been repaired. Just something to check into. Other then that it looks good.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Could be the camera angle. I'm not seeing anything radical that gets my attention. It's an SN-95 Ford!

JaCobro

Established Member
Premium Member
The sn-95 was def not the best quality chassis. Pretty much every 03-04 Cobra I seen the right side door and front fender look misaligned a little bit. The left side on this car does look like that a little too. Could be camera angles. Worth looking into. The hood could be misaligned because of hood struts installed. Which could be a easy fix.

fivelitrecobra

Established Member
The hood could be misaligned because of hood struts installed. Which could be a easy fix.

Good call, definitely a possibility. Usually a stickler for detail, don't know how I missed those struts on the first look.

This car is also on Ebay with a Buy It Now/Best Offer listing. Probably some wiggle room on the price.

JaCobro

Established Member
Premium Member
Good call, definitely a possibility. Usually a stickler for detail, don't know how I missed those struts on the first look.

This car is also on Ebay with a Buy It Now/Best Offer listing. Probably some wiggle room on the price.
I had to relook a couple more times too after you mentioned those details. Then I saw the hood struts too. Ha

Users who are viewing this thread