Advice on this 03

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
X1,000,000 on the compression test.

Also, we've seen odometers getting rolled back....do your best due diligence on reported readings.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks accurate to me.

upload_2021-8-13_9-39-31.png

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I like. I think its a good price. DSG is a very desirable color, lower miles and it doesn't look to have been molested in anyway.

I love having mods, but after some of the trainwrecks I've purchased, I'd rather buy something like this that hasn't been messed with and do exactly what I want to them myself.

Its pretty wild how much these cars have jumped in value. I paid 24k with a mystichrome with 20k miles. 18k for a sonic blue with 33k miles and my most recent lower mile car was 26k with 21k miles.

I'd be buying sooner rather than later!

JC-RH

Established Member
Car looks nice, but that theft incident in the car report is definitely concerning. Car dealership has a bunch of negative reviews too.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh I didn't even pay attention. Completely overlooked that it was stolen.

That would be a game changer for me. Pass.
I would find out the circumstances surrounding the theft. Most people think about some thug breaking the lock and hit wiring the car and driving off. The theft could have been a purchaser who didn’t have the funds or the credit wasn’t cleared and the dealer had to report it stolen. I would look further into it before passing. You might not find another like this for this price

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I've dealt with selling cars with imperfect carfaxes before.

One of the cobras I had showed a mileage discrepancy because someone fat fingered and extra digit... Car fax wouldnt remove it. I lost MULTIPLE buyers just because of that and had to discount it by a couple grand to finally get it sold. This was years ago, not in todays market.

Since then any discrepancy on the car fax is a pass for me. For me, Not worth the hassle if you ever go to sell it again. The car does look really clean, but 30k and a theft recovery is too much.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I've dealt with selling cars with imperfect carfaxes before.

One of the cobras I had showed a mileage discrepancy because someone fat fingered and extra digit... Car fax wouldnt remove it. I lost MULTIPLE buyers just because of that and had to discount it by a couple grand to finally get it sold. This was years ago, not in todays market.

Since then any discrepancy on the car fax is a pass for me. For me, Not worth the hassle if you ever go to sell it again. The car does look really clean, but 30k and a theft recovery is too much.

I like how you point out the "what if I gotta sell it" approach. Many people do not do that.
I do it on just about everything, including zero turn mowers. lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Smart move, considering the price and the theft issue on CarFax. You’ll find a better one.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

JC-RH

Established Member
I had a friend that lives local check it out in person. He said it was in really good shape (except the drivers seat bolster). Per the carfax, it was stolen and recovered the next day. I spoke to the owner, and he said it was scratched all over the place. They were able to buff everything away and no repaint was needed. Lowest he will sell is $29k, or he said he’ll keep it.

I wanted to pass that along to you guys.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had a friend that lives local check it out in person. He said it was in really good shape (except the drivers seat bolster). Per the carfax, it was stolen and recovered the next day. I spoke to the owner, and he said it was scratched all over the place. They were able to buff everything away and no repaint was needed. Lowest he will sell is $29k, or he said he’ll keep it.

I wanted to pass that along to you guys.
That's nice that they were able to buff out all the scratches, and that the car was recovered the next day, BUT......it's still a reported theft on CarFax and re-selling it might mean a price hit. IMO if there was no theft reported on the CarFax and it wasn't "scratched all over the place" and buffed out, the asking price is reasonable in the current market. But there's that reported theft, and it will always turn away a number of interested parties, today and down the road. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread