Advice on touchy situation @ work

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
Receptionist/ friend @ work asked me for some advice on what filter to get for her new car Pontiac G-8 v-6, well after showing her a few she decided on the K&N. So she asked me to find her the best deal and I found one on Ebay. Well she does not have an Ebay account so I offered to put it on mine and she can pay me when it comes in, she has been with the company for a year and we talk everyday good friends...so I thought.

Breakdown of what happened:
K&N CAI Filter purchased in October of 2011 $ 230.00
PaydayI was expecting full payment like she said, well $ 120.00 is all I got. she said I will give you the rest next Friday. I said ok....
Well November rolls around and I hate asking people for money they owe me but in a nice way I said I have to make another payment on your filter. End of november rolls around and she throws down $ 60.00 on my desk I said thank you.
Well all of December and nothing more, I remind her the first week in January I would like the rest of the money so I can pay it off, she blows it off.

Here we are February I send her an email reminder and she replys back she said she is bugged with me because I ask her about the money but said "I'll pay you for lunch and be done with you". Well a week later and nothing now I am out $ 50.00 and we are not talking. If this was a dude I would handle it a totally different way, now it's awkward because I work with her and I'm Po'd as well... Do I write the $ 50.00 off or is there a better way to go about this?

Last edited:

Monster Mach

Established Member
Receptionist/ friend @ work asked me for some advice on what filter to get for her new car Pontiac G-8 v-6, well after showing her a few she decided on the K&N. So she asked me to find her the best deal and I found one on Ebay. Well she does not have an Ebay account so I offered to put it on mine and she can pay me when it comes in, she has been with the company for a year and we talk everyday good friends...so I thought.

Breakdown of what happened:
Filter purchased in October of 2011 $ 230.00
PaydayI was expecting full payment like she said, well $ 120.00 is all I got. she said I will give you the rest next Friday. I said ok....
Well November rolls around and I hate asking people for money they owe me but in a nice way I said I have to make another payment on your filter. End of november rolls around and she throws down $ 60.00 on my desk I said thank you.
Well all of December and nothing more, I remind her the first week in January I would like the rest of the money so I can pay it off, she blows it off.

Here we are February I send her an email reminder and she replys back she said she is bugged with me because I ask her about the money but said "I'll pay you for lunch and be done with you". Well a week later and nothing now I am out $ 50.00 and we are not talking. If this was a dude I would handle it a totally different way, now it's awkward because I work with her and I'm Po'd as well... Do I write the $ 50.00 off or is there a better way to go about this?

Tell her to get in the kitchen and work off the 50.. or go to her car and get your filter... call it a repo ;)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
There's only one this to do in this situation...

FALCON PUNCH!!

1200267225490.gif

U.M.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Just tell her to keep the lunch and give you your damn $50 back. Nothing else you can do at this point. Good thing is, it was only 50 and not the full amount.

Then of course bad mouth her behind her back!

Coiled03

Established Member
Should've got full payment up front before you ordered it. But, since that's obviously not an option now, I'd say your best bet is to write it off, unless $50 is gonna break you, or you really want to be uncomfortable around her.

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
Just tell her to keep the lunch and give you your damn $50 back. Nothing else you can do at this point. Good thing is, it was only 50 and not the full amount.

Then of course bad mouth her behind her back!

I mean if it was 5 bucks or ten oh well but $ 50.00 is $ 50.00, yeah good thing it's not more but I was more than patient with this.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
def talk shit about her to everyone. be vindictive and make her the cheap bitch at work that everyone hates.

tdschst

Established Member
+1 on the falcon punch. It really is your only option, as a man.

PS I would just take it as a loss. Think of it this way, it only cost you $50 to find out the type of person she is. If you want, mention it to 1 person, word travels fast in an office environment.

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
+1 on the falcon punch. It really is your only option, as a man.

PS I would just take it as a loss. Think of it this way, it only cost you $50 to find out the type of person she is. If you want, mention it to 1 person, word travels fast in an office environment.

^ Best advice yet, although she could probably make my life hell, her dad is State Police..

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Put antifreeze in her food.

Wait, nm, wrong scenario
Generate a fake medical report that has all kinds of STD's listed on it under her name and drop it on the floor at your workplace.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
^ Best advice yet, although she could probably make my life hell, her dad is State Police..

no she can't. you obviously know her dad is a state trooper. you have proof that if you get pulled over more than normal that you are being harassed. as a side note, if her daddy is a decent man he won't even mess with it because that risks his job and reputation because his daughter is a cheap no debt paying biaznatch.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Take the high road and write off the loss. It's only 50 bucks and not worth getting into an ugly situation over. Especially if you value your job.

Users who are viewing this thread