Advice on upcoming mods.

CobraKid04

Established Member
I would also recommend the OP buy a new belt anyway. If the original belt is still on there it's pretty old with those 4500 miles.
Yea, I plan to.

Is the gates green belt still the go to? I saw some with a blue belt, never seen that one before.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
If you use VP Octanium or the Boostane 1/2 bottle per full tank or at 1/4 tank refill should get you to 95-96 octane. For a few hundred dollars a season you can at least have your own peace of mind. Just don't store over winter with booster. Run 1/2 tank of fresh fuel thru it before winter storage. You should love the 410's which allow you some real fun 2nd gear low rpm pulls and awesome 3rd gear bursts. Plus you can cruise 65mph at 2000rpm in 6th with taller 305x35x20 MT's. Given your driving plans Sticky Mickeys are a must ! Sounds like you're in for some fun.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Probably saw it on my car, I got lucky and have the gates blue belt, but they're impossible to find now.

432-DC817-08-A3-4-FCE-BA2-D-FE501-E759163.jpg

CobraKid04

Established Member
Good. Don’t **** with tuning. These things aren’t cheap to fix. Take a look at the cost of just a set of rods and pistons...

Yea, I got a quote from a forum sponsor shop to build the motor. Around 12k. That's me dropping the car off to them.

Just pistons/ rods necessary hardware, opg upgrade.

Big money.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, I got a quote from a forum sponsor shop to build the motor. Around 12k. That's me dropping the car off to them.

Just pistons/ rods necessary hardware, opg upgrade.

Big money.
Yup, just to do a built short block is 6k. And that's with me pulling everything apart myself.

Users who are viewing this thread