AED + Beefcake Paxton kit with torque booster on E85 = Fun!

notchy444

Established Member
Wow lol congrats...

Let us know when you feel that clutch start to slip please...

Not to worried, about 30 pulls on the dyno and 50-60 pulls on the freeway at 730 hp and still drives like a new clutch. Amazing what some supporting mods can do to the mt82. Just got the whiteline mount and 2 post Barton shifter with a jpc clutch line in and I can power shift no problem at 7.5k rpm with the 11 lbs spring in.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It's a good things I saw this video. All that damn noise would drive me insane!

a lot of people like the sound of the tial wastegates, it's all up to the person.

the wastegate itself isn't going to be fluttering all the time like the bov, it's only going to open under wot at about 5-6k

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
a lot of people like the sound of the tial wastegates, it's all up to the person.

the wastegate itself isn't going to be fluttering all the time like the bov, it's only going to open under wot at about 5-6k

I assume mine will open a little earlier with 3.15 pulley and the 10ish spring.

notchy444

Established Member
All that damn noise the car sounds like a vacuum cleaner at part throttle or decel

Its for sure a head turner, The video doesnt do it justice. sounds good in person and its silent under part throttle lower rpm. If u drive normal its not nearly as loud only under aggressive driving is it crazy loud. As for the Vortech blow off valve I found even the "Race BOV" to be not enough. Its to small for anything above 8 psi. After a hard pull I would get weird serging sound and my MAF Freq would go crazy up and down as seen here:

PaxtonBOV_zps481081a8.png

In my opinion go with a bigger diameter like the tial to help discharge more air after a pull.

CPRsm

Yup, that fluttering sound is surge. The air pressure, once the throttle body closes, bounces back and forth between the blower and throttle body. The maf sees this. Really dicks up your fueling and can cause stalling. On a turbo you'll hear it really easy because of the sound the turbo makes when it happens. Not as easy on the blowers. But if it backs up enough you can hear the gears in the blower chatter.

Shaun@AED

Its for sure a head turner, The video doesnt do it justice. sounds good in person and its silent under part throttle lower rpm. If u drive normal its not nearly as loud only under aggressive driving is it crazy loud. As for the Vortech blow off valve I found even the "Race BOV" to be not enough. Its to small for anything above 8 psi. After a hard pull I would get weird serging sound and my MAF Freq would go crazy up and down as seen here:

PaxtonBOV_zps481081a8.png

In my opinion go with a bigger diameter like the tial to help discharge more air after a pull.

I love having informed customers.
Excellent data posted!

twistedneck

Established Member
I'm wondering if a higher compression motor with less boost might be better if ur gone stick with corn....imagine a MMR pro mod block with sleeves 5.2L and 13/1 compression with 2.75 pulley would be prob b be 1200 whp capable

Indycar 2.2L turbo engines are 12.5:1 and run E85 fuel with 1.3 bar (18.9 psi) of boost at indy and 1.6 bar (23.2 psi) on road courses. the pistons are standard Mahle forgings and the piston size, material, valve sizes, etc.. are all similar to ours. no issues with high compression and FI if you have E85 or E98. It will be detonation limited though even with E85.

the rods are steel, crank is a normal forging, and cylinders are lined. we should have no issues with 11:1.

10.5:1 may work better because you will have a nice flat piston w/o huge valve reliefs to cause detonation and flame travel problems.

konabluekiller

Established Member
I wonder how well this would work on a D1sc procharger. Just dyno tuned my boss at Triangle speed shop and got 740whp on 12psi and 4.60 pulley. Wonder if I dropped down to a 4 inch and put a waste gate if I'd pick up some bottom torque. Anyone done this to a Procharger yet?

Stevem17500

Established Member
I wonder how well this would work on a D1sc procharger. Just dyno tuned my boss at Triangle speed shop and got 740whp on 12psi and 4.60 pulley. Wonder if I dropped down to a 4 inch and put a waste gate if I'd pick up some bottom torque. Anyone done this to a Procharger yet?

How does she feel

notchy444

Established Member
Do u plan on dynoing again with the 3.33 and 11lb spring?

Yeah, curious to see what it puts down. I can definitely feel a difference from the stock pulley to this setup but still leaving me wanting more! Ill see how it performs on Sunday and let you know if it pulls harder vs other cars I raced before the wastegate setup.

Users who are viewing this thread