AED Built/Tuned MEDUSA 3.0 hits the track

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That thing is going to move once you get everything sorted out.
Are the cams custom grind from mihovetz?
Yes they are.

Yea that's the plan. Swap to a bigger fuel pump, holley cam and crank sensors, goal is 9.99@150 on a 18" DR and a 6spd. Shouldn't be to hard with a competent driver. It'll take me a while I think.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I am amazed you are out of Blower at 6400rpm. What is your blower RPM at shift? Do you think a JT-B would fair better?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
The blower isn't being over spun or even close to max RPM at that engine RPM either.. But I'm making 860rwhp.. I called Vortech on it and they agree. That's essentially what the JT does when it's out of blower I guess. Boost just levels off and doesn't go up with RPM anymore. The blower is rated for 1000hp.. That's right where I'm at so who knows.. I have a very big 1300hp Air to Air with 3.5" piping. And my engine is ridiculously efficient.

I'm not going to mess with a JT-B I'm going to be jumping straight to a YSI-B..

72SBC

Established Member
I’m just curious on how you are going to gain 6mph without any changes?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I’m just curious on how you are going to gain 6mph without any changes?
Little tweaking here and there in the ecu, driver etc. I haven't touched the 2step, haven't touched the traction control setup I have. Let me rephrase. I'm not going to be adding any more power at this time.

Things to change:
Bigger fuel pump (out of pump)
Holley cam and crank sensor for a better signal.. Both those will happen..
Possibly ditch the tq arm, watts link in favor of upper control arms and ARB. More than likely this will happen when the other two do to prevent my tq arm from bending..

And if you watched the video you know there is a lot more MPH in just shifting and a better 60ft lol.

72SBC

Established Member
Little tweaking here and there in the ecu, driver etc. I haven't touched the 2step, haven't touched the traction control setup I have. Let me rephrase. I'm not going to be adding any more power at this time.

Things to change:
Bigger fuel pump (out of pump)
Holley cam and crank sensor for a better signal.. Both those will happen..
Possibly ditch the tq arm, watts link in favor of upper control arms and ARB. More than likely this will happen when the other two do to prevent my tq arm from bending..

And if you watched the video you know there is a lot more MPH in just shifting and a better 60ft lol.

Huh, never heard that. Unless you’re short shifting and that’s the first I heard of a 60 foot adding 50-100whp lol.

Well just goes to show you can learn something new I guess. Haha

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Huh, never heard that. Unless you’re short shifting and that’s the first I heard of a 60 foot adding 50-100whp lol.

Well just goes to show you can learn something new I guess. Haha
Guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe I’ll add more power. Cool thing is that I don’t really care either way lol. Maybe I’ll throw a ysi-b and make way more power. Maybe I won’t.

Another cool thing is that the Holley sensors allow for more rpm. So who knows what will happen. That’s my goal tho

bunits19714

Established Member
Very nice looking sn95 OP- since your converting to drag style racing quit being in denial and sell that t-56 and swap in a t-400 or if you really need over drive a 4l80. You will be so much happier, and you will be solid 8's when you upgrade the blower. And since you thinking about putting in a full jungle jim cage your days of cruising the car ALOT are over.

Users who are viewing this thread