AED Tune

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
I just got my tune from Shaun and it came with two tunes, the CAI tune and a Drag CAI tune.

What is the difference and has anyone done a back to back test to see what kind of track difference there is ??

Shaun@AED

Drag tune is identical to the Performance tune with the following exceptions:
1. Traction control / advance track disabled
2. Torque management modified to hold RPM's between gears for faster WOT shifts (M6)

momogt

Established Member
hi shaun on a automatic A6 do you modify the torque managment on the performance tune an d is the cam idle tune seperate from the performace tune or is it a performance tune with cam idle

Shaun@AED

hi shaun on a automatic A6 do you modify the torque managment on the performance tune an d is the cam idle tune seperate from the performace tune or is it a performance tune with cam idle

A6 I don't modify torque management on the drag tune any different than the performance tune, however I do lock out higher gears (depending on gear ratio) so you can cross the traps at a higher RPM than normal. Some A6 combos we don't even bother with a Drag tune as their gearing is not ideal no matter what we do and therefore the difference between Performance and Drag is simply disabling TC / Advance track, which can be done with the button as well. M6's TC tends to kick back on, but I've not had an A6 do that on me.

All Idle Lope tunes are separate performance tunes.
IE, if you order the idle lope you get 3 tunes:
Performance stock idle
Performance idle lope
Drag

momogt

Established Member
can your tunes be ordered by phone. im more about the performance tunes im a street car 4.10,s do you make any changes to the stock converter lockup and the shift points part and wot . i ask because with 4.10,s normal acceleration it shifts from 1st to 2nd really fast can that be adjusted or thats just what comes with 4.10 gears and a A6

Last edited:

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
I didn't miss a gear the other night for the first time ever. The TM mod must be doing something right.

Shaun@AED

can your tunes be ordered by phone. im more about the performance tunes im a street car 4.10,s do you make any changes to the stock converter lockup and the shift points part and wot . i ask because with 4.10,s normal acceleration it shifts from 1st to 2nd really fast can that be adjusted or thats just what comes with 4.10 gears and a A6

Gears and converters are tricky to get to shift at the desired RPM at WOT, but it can be done. It requires data logs from the drag strip with 100% hooking tires.

I didn't miss a gear the other night for the first time ever. The TM mod must be doing something right.

:rockon:

corysmach1

Established Member
I did not know the drag tune was to help hold the rpms in between shifts at wot?? I think that would help me a lot having a boss intake. I need to load that one.

Users who are viewing this thread