AEM 320's or Walbro 305's

SuperMach1

Established Member
I have Lethals Return style fuel system w/ dual hat getting ready to go in and I'm in need of some e85 pumps. I ran across these two pumps but dont know which to go with. I plan on making no more than 650hp if thats even possible with my P1. Anyone have any info on the walbro 305 pumps?

ctgreddy

Established Member
No idea on the walbro 305's, never even heard of them to be honest. Now for the aem 320's I do have those in my own car. Oddly enough I just had one fail on me last week. However, I got the pumps and hat from Fore and they're warrantying the pump. I was considering switching to walbro 465's since one failed but Justin over at fore suggested keeping the aem's as he has seen far less of these fail then the 465's. Another pump to consider would be the Deatschwerks 300's. But if I had to do it over again I'd still go aem 320's and would suggest you do the same. fwiw they supported 720whp on e85 and had no signs of running out.

SuperMach1

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I have 2 465 pumps that I recently put up for sale. I'm selling them because I know that is way to much fuel for my car. Are the 320s noisy? I read somewhere that the 305s were really quite but there's not to much info on them. Lethal performance sells the Walbro 305 e85 pumps that are rated for e85.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I have 2 465 pumps that I recently put up for sale. I'm selling them because I know that is way to much fuel for my car. Are the 320s noisy? I read somewhere that the 305s were really quite but there's not to much info on them. Lethal performance sells the Walbro 305 e85 pumps that are rated for e85.

my pumps are not noisy at all. Noisy enough where when you key on you can hear them. But unless your car has a bone stock exhaust you'll never hear it once you start it.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I thought you were sending to pump in question back to Fore to be tested ctgreddy? It is confirmed dead? Those 320's aren't on a conveyor belt production line each one is individually tested before boxed for sale. In for what happened to it?

ctgreddy

Established Member
I thought you were sending to pump in question back to Fore to be tested ctgreddy? It is confirmed dead? Those 320's aren't on a conveyor belt production line each one is individually tested before boxed for sale. In for what happened to it?

Yes heard back from fore yesterday about it. One pump did fail. Other passed as normal. Just replacing one pump with a new aem which is under warranty.

JeremyH

Established Member
I run a dual pump Fore setup with the aem-320e and 465. I run the Fore fc3 controller though so at key on and idle/cruise only pump that runs is the 320. The 465 is on a hobbs switch and only comes on in boost when needed. I like this style setup for a street car.

Users who are viewing this thread