AEM Engine Management - Anyone done it before?

weaselp1

Established Member
As the title suggests, I was wondering if any of you guys out there have gone AEM engine management? I have a friend with a supra and he used AEM when he went e85 with a GM flex fuel sensor so he didnt have to change tunes when he filled up with e85 when he had some 93 pump gas left in the tank. AEM can detect the amount of e85 and pump gas and adjust the map accordingly. I know pro efi is a option, but its almost 5k all said and done with a flex fuel sensor.

The reason I ask this is that eventually I want to go e85; we dont have too many e85 stations around and I want to be able to go from 93 pump to e85 without carrying my handheld tuner around and testing e85 everytime I fill up.

Thanks!
Mike

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I'd be interested to know what all needs to be changed for this to work as well. Like interfacing with the factory CAN system, gauge cluster, PATS etc. It would be so much easier if there was a way to integrate a flex fuel sending unit to the stock ECU and calibrate according to it like some other brand ECUs can do but I've never seen a way to make it happen on our cars with the stock ECU.

weaselp1

Established Member
Maybe the first place to start learning about this would be call a AEM tuner and ask. I am not sure who tunes AEM for the Cobra...does Bob Kurgen?

Users who are viewing this thread