Aeroforce Interceptor question?

drh_5.0

Established Member
Can't seem to get any solid evidence on this question:

For 2011+ Mustangs equipped with the wideband o2 sensors...the Aeroforce Interceptor can just read the stock o2's A/F ratio without needing the sensor kit Aeroforce makes?

If so this makes it being probably the ONLY A/F ratio gauge out there that doesn't require a new o2 sensor or splicing into o2 harness?

D98GT

Established Member
Correct, it is capable to just be plugged in and display your A/F without having to hook up any extra sensors.

drh_5.0

Established Member
Correct, it is capable to just be plugged in and display your A/F without having to hook up any extra sensors.

Thank you! And for the use of a boost reading, all you need I'm guessing is the MAP sensor for the gauge, a hose from the MAP to a fitting of sorts on lower manifold (TVS/Whipple)??

Vert

Established Member
Yes you are correct on whats needed to read boost. The aeroforce gauge is nice, but be warned they are hard to read in the warm months. I was disappointed when I installed mine.

drh_5.0

Established Member
What do u mean hard to read? As in they get bad readings or that gauge is hard to see? And what causes it do u know?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i believe hes referring to the fact that the display can be hard to read when its hot out (havent had mine long enough to comment)

zachcrosen

Established Member
i believe hes referring to the fact that the display can be hard to read when its hot out (havent had mine long enough to comment)

Mine is hard to read when the inside of the car is really hot. Once it cools off, I can read it again!!

drh_5.0

Established Member
I ended up getting a set. Did some research, most people said the white/black was easiest to read even in bright daylight and that blue was the hardest. So I got the white/black from Lethal Performance :)

bluebyu12

Established Member
Yeah the aero force is a good gauge. I actually bought the boost adapter but I didn't like reading boost off it so I bought a roush boost gauge to go along with it. So I just use the aero force for intake Temps and wideband.

drh_5.0

Established Member
Yeah the aero force is a good gauge. I actually bought the boost adapter but I didn't like reading boost off it so I bought a roush boost gauge to go along with it. So I just use the aero force for intake Temps and wideband.
Bluebyu12, I just ordered the boost adapter too. Did u not like it for any reason in particular? Like is it accurate? Or u just prefer the ability to read vacuum/ or looks of the Roush?

bluebyu12

Established Member
It hops around numbers so quickly you can see how much boost your actually making idk I just didn't like it... i still have it connected with the roush gauge and have it set to light up when I go over 6 psi of boost for Shits and giggles lol

The mechanical boost Guage I can see much better how much boost and vacuum the car is making

bluebyu12

Established Member
Here's a pic

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412530968483.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412530968483.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 155

Users who are viewing this thread