AeroForce Oil Pressure Sensor Install

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
This was done on a 2008 GT500. It probably applies to the rest, but I can't guarantee it.

Shelby sells an oil manifold for installation of gauge sensors. The oil runs through a tube from the oil filter mount to the oil manifold which is clamped to the power steering tube (I don't know where it goes with electric power steering). That's tacky and it costs $120.

I installed a set of fittings directly to the oil filter mount. They're all 1/4"NPT with 1/8"NPT inside the reducer. It retains the factory pressure sender (which is a SWITCH, not a sensor) and mounts the AeroForce pressure sensor as well. It cost about $16 and to my eye is neater. Downside? It's a tight fit. If you've got fat hands, get your wife or kid to do it while you supervise. That means watch and drink beer. While Shelby says only a little oil will leak, I dispute their definition of "a little". Use whatever method of oil catcher you use when changing your filter.

Once I get in the zone I can't break to take pictures (personality disorder) so I've posted a diagram. Here's a few notes. All the brass fittings except the hex nipple are from Home Depot. They have the best looking fittings. The hex nipple came from Orchard Supply. It would seem that you could use a close nipple instead of the hex nipple but you can't. The hex gives just enough height for the Tee to clear a rib on the oil filter casting. It also insures that you can remove it if you ever want to. The reducer bushing needs to be installed after the tee/elbow because it hits on a casting when you tighten the tee/elbow (I told you it was tight). I used an assortment of wrenches, sockets, and pliers to tighten everything. The most useful was an 8" adjustable wrench with the others as backup.

I hope this is useful to somebody.

Steve

AeroForceOilManifold.gif

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Sounds like the write up Zack did over a year ago, only difference is there are pictures in his thread. Think he also went to home depot.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Your post will help a lot of people.
I did mine slightly different. A few less fittings

fd8de605.jpg

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Don't take it wrong, great post. Anyone helping to show others is always great. Did mine a little different also. It's a great post because you took the time and made it informative. Keep up the great work and Modding.

Users who are viewing this thread