affinity photo vs photoshop

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
Are any of you using Affinity Photo to edit photos? If so how does it compare to photoshop, ease of use, features, etc.... The price is good at $49.99 compared to photoshop but I am not sure if it will do pretty much all of the same stuff as photoshop.

I have a macbook pro and a solid Canon set up. I need some decent editing software but I don't want to spend a fortune. Need some help here. Thanks in advance.

Blown 89

Established Member
Define editing. What exactly are you doing with your photos?

I've heard it's not stacking up to the reviews. I hear it's a little unstable and very unrefined. The interface looks good but that's not what matters. Unfortunately we work with PC's so this is only what I hear through the grapevine.

Have you tried GIMP? That's the open source gold standard version of Photoshop.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
Define editing. What exactly are you doing with your photos?

I've heard it's not stacking up to the reviews. I hear it's a little unstable and very unrefined. The interface looks good but that's not what matters. Unfortunately we work with PC's so this is only what I hear through the grapevine.

Have you tried GIMP? That's the open source gold standard version of Photoshop.

I am looking just to clean up photos of cars and photos of kids. I am a rank amateur at best. A friend of mine recommended GIMP but I have not heard of it before. I may download it and try it out since it is free.

Users who are viewing this thread