Afganistan

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Sorry I haven't been posting much lately, just really busy...

Well my brother's heading to Afganistan next week. The whole family is very proud of him, but at the same time VERY nervous. Saying our last goodbyes was really tough. We try to think positive but in the back of our minds we know the possibilities. I just can't help thinking I wish I could take his place. He has three kids, I have none. I guess he knew the chances were there when he signed on the dotted line, and he is very good at what he does. But leaving the family, especially the kids is really tough. All across the country families are going through similar experiences. It just never really hits home though until someone close to you gets involved. Sorry for babbling, just venting a little I guess.

God bless all who protect this great country and I'm proud of you all!:beer::beer:

thom

The Logic of Being Fuzzy
Established Member
Don't worry, man. I was in Afghanistan for quite a while a year ago... Where in-country is he going? I can probably tell you more.

He'll be fine, though.

...and it's really weird that I came online and saw this post, since the only reason I'm online is to download tornado footage...and you have a pic of a tornado under your nick. Strange.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by Duende
Don't worry, man. I was in Afghanistan for quite a while a year ago... Where in-country is he going? I can probably tell you more.

He'll be fine, though.

...and it's really weird that I came online and saw this post, since the only reason I'm online is to download tornado footage...and you have a pic of a tornado under your nick. Strange.

I guess he's heading to the Sharan (sp?) area not too far from Pakistan. I'm glad everything went well for you over there, that's awesome.

Thanks guys.:beer:

thom

The Logic of Being Fuzzy
Established Member
Sharan... Not exactly sure where that is, but I was down near the Pakistani border at a place called Shkin. What's his MOS?

Buymeavette

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT-GT-500
good luck to him hope he finds osama.

**** osama... ether we can't find him or we know where he is but we are worried of the repercustions involved with taking him. this country needs to stop thinking we are unstopable.... its that mentality that gets in this mess in the first place. to all those that went to afganistain and iraq... i am sorry for what you have seen and for what has happen to those left behind. its good to know you can post while others have not had your luck. i one day want to join the military, but under are great commander in chief... bush... its not such a wise idea.

thom

The Logic of Being Fuzzy
Established Member
You going to join under Kerry?

...and yeah, I think about how lucky I am that I can post, and friends of mine that can't almost every day. It's an unfortunate part of why I'm being released from the military. Rather then give me counseling, post-traumatic stress soldiers are looked down upon in my current unit, that would rather send me home then to someone for help.

But, seriously... Afghanistan isn't that bad now. Unfortunate things still happen, but it's few and far between. Your brother will come back with a heck've an experience under his belt, some great cash, and some good stories.

Last edited:

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Buymeavette
**** osama... ether we can't find him or we know where he is but we are worried of the repercustions involved with taking him. this country needs to stop thinking we are unstopable.... its that mentality that gets in this mess in the first place. to all those that went to afganistain and iraq... i am sorry for what you have seen and for what has happen to those left behind. its good to know you can post while others have not had your luck. i one day want to join the military, but under are great commander in chief... bush... its not such a wise idea.

This is why there is a separate Chevrolet Cavalier forum, perhaps you could return to it.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member

Why do I have the striking feeling we have a young kid that got on the computer while his parents weren't looking. . .on our hands :dw:

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by NeedaCobra
Why do I have the striking feeling we have a young kid that got on the computer while his parents weren't looking. . .on our hands :dw:

Because you are a freaking genius :D:D Oh and because he does not hide his teenage ignorance very well.

Buymeavette

Established Member
Originally posted by f_rice
Because you are a freaking genius :D:D Oh and because he does not hide his teenage ignorance very well.

I am 19 and for people that are making low blows about kids and shit like that your doing a good job your self as far acting like a kid. so i want kerry over bush, big deal. not like there is a great selection... o wait nadar. please... i am not a liberal... just want someone that won't **** the country so much, bush gets my vote for that.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
Nobody criticizing you is acting like a little kid. You are a another mindless teenager content with making stupid statements.

Please explain how Dubya has F_ed up the country?
Allow me to predict your responses:

Duh he attacked the terrorists
Duh he ruined the economy........ did you know the economy was entering a recession before he even took office? Aside from worry do you know how well the economy is doing currently?

It sickens me to see like campaigns by MTV and others to herd "the young people" to the polls. Most young people should not vote as they do not bother to take the time to inform themselves.

Buymeavette

Established Member
Originally posted by f_rice
Nobody criticizing you is acting like a little kid. You are a another mindless teenager content with making stupid statements.

Please explain how Dubya has F_ed up the country?
Allow me to predict your responses:

Duh he attacked the terrorists
Duh he ruined the economy........ did you know the economy was entering a recession before he even took office? Aside from worry do you know how well the economy is doing currently?

It sickens me to see like campaigns by MTV and others to herd "the young people" to the polls. Most young people should not vote as they do not bother to take the time to inform themselves.

i am well aware of all that its not bushs fault and the economy was due for a dump, but regardless its just now in the last 6 months its going up. i mean 3 years?

thats a little understated about young people not informed. they just don't think like you, to say they are uninformed to like saying they are uneducated.

the terriost attack shit started with 19 people..... it ended up in two countries. no bin laden.... no weapons of mass destruction. to be honest don't you think if these were all very serious issues to the world that maybe others countries would help?? don't give me the coalition forces ether.... thats a joke and no one is laughing. maybe its not so much what they are doing but we are doing to the rest of the world.

first act of buisness.......... stop helping helping the middle east. let then shell eachother till the last man stands.... and we can call him or her the winner!

thom

The Logic of Being Fuzzy
Established Member
I'd stop if I were you. Your "ideas" are just showing how truly ignorant you are.

Seriously, I do not mean that as an insult. I'm ignorant about all sorts of things. Everyone is ignorant about something. But you need to educate yourself before you make statements about things you don't understand.

But maybe I'm ignorant right now - maybe you can run the country better then Bush. Maybe Kerry is a better...nevermind, I can't even say that when I'm being sarcastic.

No Bin Laden, you're right. No weapons of mass destruction, you're right. (Although I think I heard something about sarin gas, I'm not sure... I know next to nothing about WMD). But for all the shooting down you are doing of our current administration, think of this. Because of our country's war on terrorism, what acts have been stopped? It's easy to say, "Oh, Bush sucks." Or, "He hasn't done anything to help, just started fights." But countless acts of terrorism could have been stopped because of what we did, and there's no way to know.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Bush, and yes, he is a politician, but I thought he seemed like a genuinely nice guy, who actually cared a great deal about the soldiers, the civilians...his country. I don't think anyone can say he didn't act immediately to defend our country against any and all threats.

And one other thing, you said something about letting them fight it out, and the last man we'll call the winner. Winner of what? The opportunity to attack us? Okay. Think about it this way. Osama was the winner. Saddam was the winner. And where are they now? The enemies of our country don't have to "fight it out and be declared a winner." They just need support, to be winners in whatever region they are, with the ability to reach us. They were both winners, they both had that ability, and captured or not... They haven't reached us since we began this war.

I don't know, I didn't mean for this to be a long post, and it rambles a little. I spent a long time in the desert hunting Bin Laden's cronies, several of my friends died, I was wounded... And I would willingly do it again, because I believe our country is taking the right stand in this.

And I really mean no offense calling you ignorant. Just uneducated, with no real right to stand on a soap box and talk about things that you seem to have a very limited grasp of.

Sorry for the length.

Last edited:

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
Do a little reading up on economics. Recessions do not go away overnight, especially after the most deadly attack we have ever suffered on our own soil.

Other countries do understand what is at stake, but like you they refuse to accept the pain and tragedy that those who fight for freedom must endure. Many of them worry that if they support us the terrorists will attack them.

Leaders of countries like Britain, Austrailia and Italy do understand what is at stake and realize we must win. It is the spineless countries like Spain who complicate things.

We can never completely pull out of the middle east. If we do, it will the Arabs vs. Israel and even if Israel wins the casualties would be astronomical.

It is foolish and naive of you to think that leaving the middle east will end the terrorists desire to attack us. We were in Afghanistan prior to September 11th? No. This is the point that so many people refuse to accept. We will have to fight the terrorists, it is simply a matter of where.

We can fight them in the desert of Iraq or in the streets of New York.

Last edited:

thom

The Logic of Being Fuzzy
Established Member
f_rice makes good points. But something far worse then spineless countries like Spain, and their lack of support...is a lack of support from within our country, from our own citizens. In my opinion.

2814v

Established Member
Your brother's a pro, he'll be fine and I thank him for doing his part. Buymeavett is just another kid, just got out of high school, never been anywhere or done anything and he thinks he knows it all. To say I'd like to join the military some day, but not now, I dont want to have to fight or anything like that. Just make's him look like a coward or a liberal same, same.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I love people who have no idea what the hell is really going on, and can't put the whole picture together. I remember before I was recalled the anti-war protesters I saw on the metro. I wanted to choke the shit out of every single last one of them. I also have a video where a guy goes out and asks them how they would handle it, if they were the Pres. Not one of them could answer anything besides "more time" How much more time than 8 years does some one need?

And no it didn't start with 19 people. I fyou think those 19 people were the only ones involved..then you are sadly mistaken.

Cpl / USMC / 0231

SVT-GT-500

Established Member

Well I have know that my grandfather served in the army in ww2.
My father was in the army stationed in Germany. Furthermore both my uncles severed in the army in the early 70's and another uncle who retired as a Lieutenant ColonelIn the U.S. air force and his son in law is in the U.S. air force as well under the rank ofCaptain and my cousin just got out of the navy. I only made that post because I feel –Blackgeetee’s pain.
:cuss: :mj: :fm:

Users who are viewing this thread