AFR not as commanded after memory reset

xunantunich

Established Member
2014 mustang gt running E85

When i first got my flex tune .. the car would report an AFR of anywhere between 10.5 to 11.5 i had complained to my tuner about it and as expected the day i complained the probelm "went away" for some reason the car just starting reporting an AFR of 10.00 as expected.

Yesterday i had unplugged my battery for 10-20 minutes to do a "memory reset" and now my AFR is back to reading 10.5-11.5 again.. on the same tank of E85.. aside from the reset .. nothing has changed..

Anyone experienced this.. ? Does it take a couple days for the car to learn the tune? Or specific number of miles??

Wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this, planning on just running it like that for a couple days and maybe it will fix itself again..

cj428mach

Established Member
You sound like you're happy with a 10.0 AFR is your wideband on the gasoline scale? If so you're running really rich.

Also if your wideband is reporting 10.0 AFR it might be much richer than that as a lot of widebands don't report below 10.0 AFR.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
The newer 2011 Coyote cars have a factory (dual) wideband. When you switch the stoich in the tune to E85, it always shows 10.0 because the gauge is set up for E10 and the lowest reading is 10. FYI

I installed an NGK AFX wideband in my car since the stock one can not be changed in the tune.

Users who are viewing this thread