Afs vs American muscle, lmr reps

fireman02

Established Member
Looking to pick up 03-04 17x10.5 chrome cobra reps soon. I want to know if Afs replica's are any better quality wise vs American muscle or late model resto's replica's? Are they worth the extra $ vs AM's or LMR's? Do they all come from the same Chinese manufacturer?
Thanks

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Its all personal preference. I have the American muscle ones and no complaints from me. If you only drive the car on nice days I dont think it really matters what wheel you choose. Also if you ever have a problem American Muscle has great customer service :rockon:

fireman02

Established Member
I had Fr500's from American muscle on my last cobra that were good quality. However, the svt center caps fit a little loose. Did the svt caps fit ok in your wheels?

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
I have AFS and the center caps fit perfect
Another local car has AM reps and the centers had to be modded to fit, no big deal but it may be important to you
Also on the AFS the backside of the hub is solid whereas the AM reps are dimpled
Both sets balanced out well and finish looks oem

AMWill

Looking to pick up 03-04 17x10.5 chrome cobra reps soon. I want to know if Afs replica's are any better quality wise vs American muscle or late model resto's replica's? Are they worth the extra $ vs AM's or LMR's? Do they all come from the same Chinese manufacturer?
Thanks

Hey Fireman,

Although I'm sure you will be happy with whichever wheel you decide, I can guarantee that you will be happy with ours!

Our wheels go through vigorous structural and abrasion testing which allows us to offer a life-time warranty on the structure of the wheel and a year warranty on the finish!

The 17x10.5" 2003 Cobra Style Chrome Wheel is a great looking wheel and will look even better on your DSG Terminator!

Let me know if I can be of any assistance! I'm here to help!

-Will

AMWill

Its all personal preference. I have the American muscle ones and no complaints from me. If you only drive the car on nice days I dont think it really matters what wheel you choose. Also if you ever have a problem American Muscle has great customer service :rockon:

JustAkId,

Thank you for your kind words, your business, and your support!

We pride ourselves in our service and will bend over backwards to make sure our customers are happy!

If you ever need anything, feel free to reach out!

I had Fr500's from American muscle on my last cobra that were good quality. However, the svt center caps fit a little loose. Did the svt caps fit ok in your wheels?

:beer: Now that is an awesome thread!

I have seen the center caps installed many different ways (I used silicone personally) but that is definitely the cleanest way that I have seen, I love it and I appreciate you writing it up and posting it!

-Will

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
I have a chrome Bullitt wheel from American muscle and it looks good. I also have a full set of wheels from afs and the finish on them is good also.I don't think you can't go wrong with either.

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Thanks

I have a brand new set that has never had tires mounted on that I can sell ya. They are from AM.

jbou91

Established Member
I'd pass on the AM chrome wheels, swapped out like 3 sets and all of them were pitted near the lug nuts. That's just begging to spread to the rest of the chrome, save yourself the hassle and get the AFS. Wish I did, I had to settle for black. AFS has amazing quality

Venom04

Established Member
Agreed, go with AFS. I bought a set of 17 x 10.5 from Lethal and they were garbage!!! Pitted after a year and center caps didn't fit right. Never again!! AFS... No question.

cj428mach

Established Member
I had AFS machined replicas on my old Cobra and they were nice but the caps had to be modded to fit right.

My current car has American Muscle replicas on it. They look great and it was nice to get them mounted and balanced for free with the 555's on them already. My only complaint is one of the wheels had a lot of weights on it so it could be a wheel issue, tire issue, or the guy running the balancing machine not knowing what he's doing.

They ride nice and I haven't had any issues with them. I went with them from AM because 1. They had the best price. 2. I knew if I had an issue they would take care of it. As for the centers Shane from AM was nice enough to send me a set of the chrome smooth center caps from them, and then I installed some of these on the caps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SVT-CENTER-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cf299c441&vxp=mtr

They've been on there for over a year and still look great but my car is a garage queen.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I had the replica wheels from lethal performance in 17's and they were flawless. I recently got some 18" afs wheels and I'm not as happy but I am also super picky.

Users who are viewing this thread