After 5 days I'm ready for mods.

djax

Established Member
I picked-up my RedFire vert, black top, on Friday 12/06, Gorgeous car! I am happy to report it has no vibration at 80, no pull and no tick. It does have the clunck, feels/sounds like slack in the driveline. My 99 does the same thing. This is not my first Mustang but it is my first convertible and my first supercharged car. So now that I have had the car 5 days now and the first 500 miles is completed, let the modifications begin. I am going to start with a set of sub-frame connectors, way too much flex. I see Maximum as the board leader but I think I’ll go with Global West. Anyone dislike them?

03DOHC

Established Member
Make it sound like a Mustang Cobra should first. Get a Magnaflow exhaust!:)

Cobra'03

Established Member
Why'd you wait so long...I had my Magnaflows on the night I brought her home! Good Luck. Ditto the subframes, though I went with Kenny Browns.

djax

Established Member
Thanks ox03. Global West and Kenny Brown have more of a ladder construction that I think would help to firm up the frame of the vert. The GRC is a straight shot. I think at this point any good weld in aftermarket set would be an improvement over the bolt on factory ones. Yes an exhaust in on the short list but this flex must go!

Friendchicken

lol.. didn't take long to for the mod bug to set in...

I don't suggest any engine or drivetrain mods till you break it in for at least 2k mi or so, but you should get that anti-wheel hop kit when you get the sub frames done.

NC Cobra

Established Member
98KOBRA

Which anti wheel hop kit are you refering to? I am not doing another single mod until I get this rediculus wheel hop fixed. I drove my car around in the snow for two hours this past week just to see what it was like to spin the tires without feeling like the entire rear end was going to rip away from the chassis.

Brad

Banned
I am not sure you knew this.. but our convertibles have subframe connectors. Not sure you wanna upgrade them or what, but they are under there:loser:

djax

Established Member
Thanks Brad, yes I did know the vert does come stock with subframe connectors, but they are short and they bolt on, no welds. I am looking to improve on this. As this is my first vert I was not ready for this much flex. I am looking at any and all ways to firm up the frame. Subframes, tower brace, any and all tips welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread