After all the hype, who here is actually buying?

Coosawjack

Established Member
The "SHIFT KNOB" and "NO MANUAL" kills it for me......REGARDLESS the price!!:mad:

It may only last one model year!!:rolleyes:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I will be getting one, but I'll wait for at least the 2nd or 3rd year model.

Recon

Established Member
My stipulations are I want one in Royal Crimson, with a stick, and wheels that aren’t black. Given Royal Crimson is out of production, it probably won’t be offer with a manual, and only wheel color options are black = nope.
I’ll settle with another Roush.

Pick your poison.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My stipulations are I want one in Royal Crimson, with a stick, and wheels that aren’t black. Given Royal Crimson is out of production, it probably won’t be offer with a manual, and only wheel color options are black = nope.
I’ll settle with another Roush.

Pick your poison.

The stick swap is a hassle and costly, but wheels are easy. I really want a gt350r with short 4.56 rear gear, e85, and so on but has to be manual.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
This is dumb. Please, nobody buy a 100K Mustang unless you get it EXACTLY how you want it and for EXACTLY the price it's worth.

I expect this car to be, fully loaded, $93,000...100K with tax, gas guzzler, destination, fees. If Ford is really making 7,500 a year that can ordered any way you want it, I fully expect it to be A LOT easier to get one at MSRP and how you want it, unlike the 350R in which they hardly made any and people were paying 20-30K over MSRP for one.

My dad wants this car. He wants it fully loaded. 100K Mustang. crazy. To think 10 years ago, we had a 2010 GT500 and it costs us 50K all in...9 years later a GT500 loaded is 100K. The kids are ****ed.

Here's what's going to happen though. Dealers will get greedy and ask 120-130K for one. But Ford will keep making them, they will sit on lots...but even so, year 1 is going to be a total BITCH to get one at MSRP. A few things are working in our favor here:

1. Demon/Red Eye/Hellcats - Lots of muscle car guys looking for high HP have bought into Mopar's lineup. Most of them (the Hellcat guys) will take a bath if they wanted to trade up, so they will stick with what they got.

2. GT350 owners - Lots of the Shelby faithful are in 350s. Will they trade up? Take a loss then owe 80-100K on another Mustang? Who knows. I feel like the 350R guys are the diehard's that would crave a 500, but just so hard to swap one for the other since they are both completely awesome and different in so many ways.

3. There's only so many people that will drop 100K on a Mustang. Yeah I know the performance is nuts, but the reality is it's still a Mustang. For 100K, there is a lot of nice shit you can get...and for a lot of car guys, they want the prestige that comes with other brands.

4. Mid-Engine Vette - This has fallen off everyone's radar, but it's coming in 2019 as well as a 2020 model. People are going to be shocked when they see the performance for the value of this car. I know a thing or too that's inside info (through my job) and let me just say you're going to get an exotic for a fraction of the price. Handling it will absolutely DESTROY the new GT500. Also, for 100K, the vette variation at that price (probably Zo6) is going to roast the GT500.

5. Camaro Gets ZR1 Engine - We all know it's going to happen. Chevy can't bring a knife to a gun fight for much longer.

6. New Supra - nah, that, what a POS slow ass car.

7. 1000bhp Dodge Angel is Coming: Dodge will not lose the power / performance wars to Ford. They also have more in store past the Demon. They just revealed a 1000bhp Hellephant engine. Dodge will see what Ford does and answer back quickly.

My point being, unless you are a DIE HARD Ford Shelby guy, times have changed A LOT since 2008 GT500's were the only car in town. So many options. I didn't even mention all the stuff from Germany that the country club guy would rather have for 100K.

I expect the first 6 months to be a bitch if you want one at MSRP / how you want it. Then what will happen is HUNDREDS of cars will be on autotrader / ebay sitting. And dealers will cave and start taking orders, selling cars for close to MSRP.

15,000 of these is a TON of volume. Heck there are only 3,000 Demons in the US and even now prices are much closer to MSRP and you can get one easily without paying a lot over.

Last edited by a moderator:

DepWraith

Established Member
No way this is 93k, will put it way out of it's price point and like you mentioned, a lot of other options for that much cash.

Also no way they build 7500 first year, they never build that many and certainly not the first year. (I'm pretty sure I heard Owen say it was going to be a limited production vehicle in an interview somewhere, but have watched so many I' don't remember which but do know he didn't mention a number).

Betting no gas guzzler tax with the DCT and gearing they used.

ADM's will be high and stay high, just like they still are with the GT350. :(

You're right about the ZL1 and ya gotta wonder if the new twin turbo Vette motor will make it into the ZL1 at some point. (yes it's out there Mid-Engined Corvette C8.R Audio Reveals Turbo )

Then you have electric vehicles with performance that is unbelievable...can't wait to see what the next 2 years holds.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Also no way they build 7500 first year, they never build that many and certainly not the first year.

2007GT500.jpg

paluka21

Established Member
Maybe I am wrong, but I still do not see the 2020 GT500 being $100K out the door if sold at MSRP. For Ford to price the GT500 in the $85K - 95K price range ($95K fully loaded) what market are they trying to reach? If Ford is wanting to be competitive in performance and price point (which they are) let's take a look at what the competition starts at:

2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye: MSRP $71,350
2019 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1: MSRP $70,195
2019 Chevrolet Corvette Z06: MSRP $80,590
2019 Ford Shelby GT350 (for comparison): $59,140

Historically Ford has never priced their GT500 models on par with the Z06, but perhaps that changes?

In my opinion, and I could be very wrong, Ford will MSRP the car in the $69,000 - $71,000 range for a base car, and option UP to $80,000 - $82,000. That is STILL a lot of cash to drop for a mustang IMO, but for the performance standpoint it is justifiable to many.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Maybe I am wrong, but I still do not see the 2020 GT500 being $100K out the door if sold at MSRP. For Ford to price the GT500 in the $85K - 95K price range ($95K fully loaded) what market are they trying to reach? If Ford is wanting to be competitive in performance and price point (which they are) let's take a look at what the competition starts at:

2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye: MSRP $71,350
2019 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1: MSRP $70,195
2019 Chevrolet Corvette Z06: MSRP $80,590
2019 Ford Shelby GT350 (for comparison): $59,140

Historically Ford has never priced their GT500 models on par with the Z06, but perhaps that changes?

In my opinion, and I could be very wrong, Ford will MSRP the car in the $69,000 - $71,000 range for a base car, and option UP to $80,000 - $82,000. That is STILL a lot of cash to drop for a mustang IMO, but for the performance standpoint it is justifiable to many.

It won't be priced the same as the Z06...if their target is the C8 Z06, which would make sense. It will be at least $95K base.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Ok, they did that once a decade ago...certainly not the norm or recent trend

As always, an excuse. We are talking specifically about GT500's. I pointed out, once again and as always, that you were incorrect. It wasn't once either.

2008GT500.jpg

Now you are changing your original premise to "recent trends." Do you consider the last year the GT500 was sold, 2014, recent? Or are you now going to (once again) change the premise to include GT350's, Focus RS', etc?

Plain and simple, you were wrong. Be a man. Admit you erred and let it go.

Last edited:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I couldn't justify spending $100k on any type of Ford, even the GT

bdub85

Established Member
i dont think many would either
lets not forget 80% of the internet forums thought the base 350 msrp would be $80+

I will put money on the GT500 starting in the low 60's and topping out at 75-80. I imagine the carbon package will be pricey.

Users who are viewing this thread