• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

After all the hype, who here is actually buying?

Discussion in '2020+ Shelby GT500 Mustang' started by biminiLX, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Tob

Tob Salut! Staff Member Super Moderator

"Wider" shock tires? All of this is theoretical of course but I assume you are talking about (in essence) moving the front suspension pivots inward, along with the requisite sheetmetal changes. That would be a bit of a major undertaking and be somewhat expensive. Unless you prefer drag-style setup at the expense of some pretty good braking and handling characteristics.

You can already fit a 325 up front with the right offset and no suspension mods.

tt335ci03cobra likes this.
  2. noco5.0

noco5.0 Active Member Established Member

I think the 13-14 GT500 might be the last manual version of this car made. I think people hoping they will do it are suffering from wishful thinking. They aren't going to sell enough of them to make that economical. I have a2015 M6 Hellcat. At some point I might add a 13-14 GT500 and call it good. With this car, the Redeye, and the Demon I think the manufacturers are moving past manuals unfortunately, so I'm definitely not a buyer although I would love to drive one.

3. biminiLX

biminiLX never stock Premium Member Established Member

Just let me know and I’ll buy that 5.2 :)
    -J

gimmie11s and Tob like this.
  4. 93 347 Cobra

93 347 Cobra Well-Known Member Established Member

They already said they are looking into making a manual variant.

5. tt335ci03cobra

tt335ci03cobra Well-Known Member Established Member

Just track day driveway fair. Cut the inner wall of the wheel well, stich in a new bit of sheet metal an inch or so into the engine bay to make lock to lock clearance better. Leave the suspension points as they are, maybe run a wider rim/backspacing package.

Almost exactly like mini tubs in the rear on a drag car.

Obviously this isn’t possible with a 4v head that’s already at the edge to edge of the engine bay.

@Blown 89 id have to actually buy the car first but yes, I’ll sell it to you. Just $50/hp and she’s yours!

6. Blown 89

Blown 89 Well-Known Member Established Member

Here's to hoping for another 1999 Cobra snafu!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  7. Tob

To do what you speak of you'd be moving the strut mount/tower. If you move that inward you have to change everything to match.

8. 662

662 Active Member Established Member

done

9. LostM

LostM Well-Known Member Established Member

I dont think those #s are right. Ive contacted a lot of dealers recently via autotrader, asking to be contacted on the 2020 gt500, and nearly all of them responded by telling me they will sell me their gt350's as msrp right now

10. 662

The devil is in the details... GT350's can be had for less than MSRP, so, yes they gladly sell GT350's @ MSRP.

R's, not so much.

15's they made 100 GT350's and 37 R's... Most are in collector climate controlled time capsules.

If Ford must constrain the 2020 production volumes for any reason, meaning much less than 5k units, you can expect huge ADM's. Often the 1st year constraints are not Ford's choosing... My guess is in 15, the total production was limited by the number of FPC's queued up before demand was established and the R's were constrained by the number of wheels the tiny Australian company could produce. Who knows what the 2020 supply chain limitation is, but usually 1st year is something (DCT?) and it will result in possibly the same story, that if you have the chance to pay ADM and get a car, it could be that like the 15's so far, they only appreciate. Risk/Reward.

For that matter, I believe that within reason, there is no ADM I could afford to pay to get a dealer anywhere near me to sell me a 2020. Most dealers have some celebrity friend, business partner, relative, or mistress that they already promised their one or two unit allocation too... In Houston, competing for the remaining alloc's are alot of millionaires and billionaires that likely can easily justify risk/invest parking money in a Shelby time capsule so I would need obscene money to get one, not impossible, but not reasonable. So my DNA has been selectively omitted from a first year car anyway.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    LostM likes this.
  11. tt335ci03cobra

I’m sure it would for a proper job of it. I’m honestly just talking out of my ass. The gt500 is going to be a great car as delivered.

12. rwleonard

rwleonard Well-Known Member Established Member

On an S550 chassis?

13. 93 347 Cobra

93 347 Cobra Well-Known Member Established Member

From what I can gather on Ford's GT500 site is that there is a handling pack, a carbon fiber track pack, a tech pack, and the Recaros are optional. So the base car may not automatically include MegneRide, which I assume is available only on the handling pack and CF track pack.

With all the options offered I think the base price might come in at mid or low-60s. I think fully optioned cars will touch 80K. Dodge has sold a ton of Hellcats and profited mightily on that old platform. Ford is about profitability these days and not having a top line 700+ horse musclecar has hurt the company's bottom line on the Mustang. I think they're going for higher volume here and the base price won't be un-Godly.

14. tt335ci03cobra

Ford should offer a manual volume car. There are easily 5,000 happy customers awaiting a manual job 1, 2, 3...

15. 662

done meaning I thought tob indicated he knew of wheels/offset to get to 325's and I would not jack with the suspension and mounting points. sorry for confuse

16. Snoopy49

Snoopy49 Well-Known Member Established Member

And there are probably 10,000 potential customers that want a DCT. With the amount of money spent to develop the DCT, Ford probably decided to only offer a DCT. 15,000 DCTs' is a very small production run, when you consider no one else is using that transmission.

conceptmachine likes this.
  17. DepWraith

DepWraith Active Member Established Member

I just wish you could go into any Ford dealer and order the car; this whole dealer buying into the program to be allowed to sell them and assigning allotments is stupid AF.

ZOMBEAST and tones_RS3 like this.
  18. bdub85

bdub85 Member Established Member

I wish you could just buy direct from Ford and have the car show up at your doorstep like Tesla. As long as there are car dealers, this stupid stuff will continue.

tones_RS3 and DepWraith like this.
  19. Tob

Terrance from Signature has been doing this for some time now on any number of wheel sets. I'd contact him for details if this is the route you want to go.

20. DepWraith

DepWraith Active Member Established Member

Even better...Maybe we can get Jeff Bezos to partner with Ford?