AIR BAG light flashes and stays on now?

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
What is that about?

I get in the car today, air bag light flashes a few times and then steadily lit. I turn the car off and back on its goes away. Do my business no other issues, home and park.

Few hours later go to leave again, now the light just stays on.

Any ideas?

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Any other input, the light is like hit or miss every other time I start the car.

I had a front main seal fail and fling a good amount of oil out about the same time this light came on. However over the last week its been still coming on and off.

I am at a loss when it comes to airbags, I guess this is a good time to start learning :( I was hoping someone else experienced this as well.

Any idea how to read the light? I am not interested in visiting the dealer.

ccgt03

Established Member
could be the clock spring. Mine did the same thing. It would go on and off and then finally it just started staying on. Also my horn and cruise control stopped working so it was a dead give away at the clock spring. All three (airbag, horn, cruise) work off the clockspring.

Blk04Snake

Established Member
could be the clock spring. Mine did the same thing. It would go on and off and then finally it just started staying on. Also my horn and cruise control stopped working so it was a dead give away at the clock spring. All three (airbag, horn, cruise) work off the clockspring.

That's my first guess too. Honk the horn!

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
The light flashes in codes.

Flashes 3 times, pause, then it flashes 2-4 times.

Find the code, and it'll help pinpoint which airbag is at fault.

If the code is 32, then it's a clockspring and it probably broke after you had removed either the steering column from the rack & pinion or might have unbolted the steering wheel and then it rotated more than 360 degrees twice (I think).

More info:

Mustang 1995 Air Bag Diagnostic Codes

Users who are viewing this thread