Air Force ROTC Guys...

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Got a couple of questions for you guys.
1. How hard is the AFOQT? Is there anything i should be focusing on and what can i do to prepare my self?
2. What career did you pick or are you going to pick and how do you like it?

Thanks, Chris

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I only did one year so I can only answer your question about the AFOQT.

The AFOQT is kind of like the SAT. You can't really focus on one thing because the various sections cover several subjects like flight, general science, mathematics, and language. Your detachment should provide you with study guides (or ways to get one). At least mine did. We had scheduled study sessions as well.

The last part of the test had a few brain ticklers that you can't really study for, like counting the number of cubes in a pyramid. IQ-test type stuff.

I hope that helps, and good luck! What detachment are you part of?

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I only did one year so I can only answer your question about the AFOQT.

The AFOQT is kind of like the SAT. You can't really focus on one thing because the various sections cover several subjects like flight, general science, mathematics, and language. Your detachment should provide you with study guides (or ways to get one). At least mine did. We had scheduled study sessions as well.

The last part of the test had a few brain ticklers that you can't really study for, like counting the number of cubes in a pyramid. IQ-test type stuff.

I hope that helps, and good luck! What detachment are you part of?

Thanks for the info and detachment 840 at Texas State University!!!

roushcobra2003

Established Member
I'm in 075 at SDSU. AFOQT was like taking the SAT's again, but alittle bit harder. I'm at the 3 year. I'm trying to get a pilot slot, but ya, that's almost impossible. I'm looking more in the Navy or Marines now. I don't know if I can be land lock in some crappy base for 8 years+. Good Luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread