Air Lift Performance Track-Pack Air Suspension Pics!!!

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Ive put about 1500 miles over the past month on my new "bag-overs", as I like to call them, and all I can say is AWESOME! They handle just like a true coilover but better!
These are the much awaited coilover style front air bag struts with up to 3 degree adjustible camber plates and 30 adjustible dampening settings!

I have had several different suspension types on my Shelby: stock, lowering springs, high performance coilovers, air bags and then these high performance trackable coilover style air bags.

So with several suspension styles I can honestly say that these new coilover style air bags are the best suspension I have ever had in my GT500 hands down!
I especially love the adjustibility of these as its my daily driver and having a quality ride is important not only on the daily grind but also being able to take it to the track and make some simple adjustments to the dampening via a knob at the top of the coilover and have a great track suspension.

Out of curosity I weighed then vs. stock struts and the Air Lift ones are MUCH lighter! Stock is about 19.0 lbs ea and the Air Lift ones are only 13.5 lbs ea! Thats about 11.0 lb total savings! Also, I got a little over 1/2" drop from where I was before.

Here are some pics (sorry but the weather wasnt cooperating and I really wanted to get these installed lol)

Pictures (click on thumbnails for larger images):

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Talk about slammed! Looks good. A lot of carbon fiber on that bad boy!

95riosnake

Established Member
OP, I've always been a big fan of your car, those "bag overs" are awesome... I don't think most people realize bags aren't just for looking cool and laying in the weeds anymore, they handle with the best of them these days.

Looks great Rob, cant wait for the new edge kit!

Any ideas when these may be available? Ridetech makes shockwave struts for the 94-04 but they have fixed valving, me no likey :(

nerdman

Established Member
OP, I've always been a big fan of your car, those "bag overs" are awesome... I don't think most people realize bags aren't just for looking cool and laying in the weeds anymore, they handle with the best of them these days.

Any ideas when these may be available? Ridetech makes shockwave struts for the 94-04 but they have fixed valving, me no likey :(

I know what you mean, i bagged my 66nova over 11 years ago before "kits" were available, with the proper shock setup it handles awesome, and lays down really low parked.
I can only imagine how much better it would do with a proper setup like this.

I saw another forum where an air lift rep was gathering interist for a new edge kit like this. I have put bags on the back burner because i love the handling of my coilover setup, but id get rid of them in a heartbeat for this setup. Go to truforums.com and post in the airlift thread talking about the kits.

Are they coming out with a New Edge kit? I know I submitted it as a requested kit but I didn't get a response.

I read they were, saw the rep post on truforums, i emailed him directly but no response. I think if we keep hitting them, they will see that there are stil a bunch of out there with 96-04 that stil want stuff made. Its almost like everyone forgot about us lol.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Thanks guys! I waited about 8 months to get my hands on these and it was totally worth the wait and money. I would rather have a good handling adjustible coil over style suspension with ride height adjustibility vs a static adjustible coil over suspension as both are about the same price. :)

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Looking good Rob. Air lift is an awesome company. Jeremy is the man. I'm going to SEMA with him next
Nov.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Though's look really good. Defiantly have to keep them in mind if they make an option for the car.
They will be making the track pack kit for the new edge and sooner if we can direct enough response to them. I am running a list of people that are definately interested to help coordinate its production.

Users who are viewing this thread