Airbag codes even with Ford resistors installed. Ideas?

sweetlou1182

Established Member
Had Recaros put in years ago and always had the air bag light. Never an issue until RI cracked down on inspection. I installed the resistors from Ford but light is still on. My car is an 07 with recaros from a 12. A shop did the install years ago and I’m not 100% sure the passenger bladder was ever swapped. I see the cause for a lot of lights is the bladder.

throwing these codes
B2295
B2290
B2692

any good way to get rid of this light?

hotcobra03

Established Member
Seat belt and side air bag it showed in manual for 2 codes

manual has tests to follow

just reading about them may lead to a fix

mdoan

Established Member
I fought the air bag light for a year (on and off). ‘12 Recaros in a ‘10.

What eventually fixed it for me was finding a 2010 salvage yard passenger seat (2010 exactly. Not only that but coupe/convertible must mach your vehicle as well for some reason; different part numbers. Trim level doesn’t matter, I.e., V6, GT, etc).

Swap the bladder/bladder module over to the 2012 passenger seat, then buy or borrow something like the “Blue Driver” Bluetooth OBD2 code reader and clear the air bag code. Remove the air bag fuse and negative battery terminal while making the swap.

Plug in any connections that match between the 2012’s and your car. It was just the bladder causing my issue. Had 2012 air bags in the seats, etc. Nothing caused the light but the bladder, surprisingly.

The resistors didn’t work for me. Ford dealership couldn’t clear anything until I had the right bladder. The blue driver worked like a charm so I ultimately didn’t need the dealership.

EDIT: There’s a good chance the seat belt and side air bag error codes are from when the seats were put in originally. If the fuse and the negative terminal weren’t removed it’ll throw these codes and keep them there until they’re cleared with an OBD2 reader. Even years after the fact.

Last edited:

sweetlou1182

Established Member

The driver side in mine even had the air bag go off in precious owner’s vehicle; had to replace the air bag and skins (2012 air bag went back in). What eventually fixed it for me was finding a 2010 salvage yard passenger seat (2010 exactly. Not only that but coupe/convertible must mach your vehicle as well for some reason; different part numbers. Trim level doesn’t matter, I.e., V6, GT, etc).

Swap the bladder/bladder module over to the 2012 passenger seat, then buy or borrow something like the “Blue Driver” Bluetooth OBD2 code reader and clear the air bag code. Remove the air bag fuse and negative battery terminal while making the swap.

Plug in any connections that match between the 2012’s and your car. It was just the bladder causing my issue. Had 2012 air bags in the seats, etc. Nothing caused the light but the bladder, surprisingly.

A lot of users have had different experiences and have resolved through extensive trial and error, but that’s what worked for me. Similar application to yours.

The resistors didn’t work for me. Ford dealership couldn’t clear anything until I had the right bladder, and the blue driver worked like a charm so I ultimately didn’t need the dealership.

EDIT: There’s a good chance the seat belt and side air bag error codes are from when the seats were put in originally. If the fuse and the negative terminal weren’t removed it’ll throw these codes and keep them there until they’re cleared with an OBD2 reader. Even years after the fact.

Thanks for the info. I’m doing exactly that. I found an 07 GT vert seat on eBay I purchased. Going to swap over what I need, clear the light and hope it doesn’t come back. Fingers crossed and thanks for the tips. Will remember to do so.

sweetlou1182

Established Member

What eventually fixed it for me was finding a 2010 salvage yard passenger seat (2010 exactly. Not only that but coupe/convertible must mach your vehicle as well for some reason; different part numbers. Trim level doesn’t matter, I.e., V6, GT, etc).

The resistors didn’t work for me. Ford dealership couldn’t clear anything until I had the right bladder. The blue driver worked like a charm so I ultimately didn’t need the dealership.

you pretty sure it needs to like for like with the year? The 07 seat I bought was magically tossed away and I was refunded and of course everything else for sale is every year but 07. I feel like I should still wait for the matching year.

tampasnake

Established Member
I'm not sure about the 07 but I installed Recaro's in my 2010 from a 2014. I did like mentioned above just swapped the bladders. I would assume you could look up the bladder part number on Tasca for various years to see which ones are the same.

sweetlou1182

Established Member
I'm not sure about the 07 but I installed Recaro's in my 2010 from a 2014. I did like mentioned above just swapped the bladders. I would assume you could look up the bladder part number on Tasca for various years to see which ones are the same.

I’ve heard the bladders go for big bucks so hopefully can find a cheap seat in the meantime. Thanks for the info! Will keep my eye out and see what Tasca has to offer.

mdoan

Established Member
They changed up part numbers like crazy. Literally every year something in the air bag system changed. Not saying you can’t find one across multiple years, that system is just bonkers. And the part number catalogues online are confusing as hell.

I ended up finding one at a local salvage yard in Houston. Literally called about 15 of them until one had a 2010 with the passenger seat still in it. Windows busted out, seats molding from rain, but still had the bladder in tact. Bought the seat, ripped it out, worked like a charm.

sweetlou1182

Established Member
They changed up part numbers like crazy. Literally every year something in the air bag system changed. Not saying you can’t find one across multiple years, that system is just bonkers. And the part number catalogues online are confusing as hell.

I ended up finding one at a local salvage yard in Houston. Literally called about 15 of them until one had a 2010 with the passenger seat still in it. Windows busted out, seats molding from rain, but still had the bladder in tact. Bought the seat, ripped it out, worked like a charm.

Ya I hear ya there I don’t wanna risk it, But I lucked out. Making a 2 hour trip as I found another 07 drop top seat for sale. Same thing,hours of searching minus the guys who wants $700 for a seat.

thanks again, hope this works!

Users who are viewing this thread