Airlift Suspension with Watts Link?????

Project_GT5.00

Ok guys, currently my suspension set up is the following:

FRPP springs
Koni shocks
Cortex Watts Link
Cortex Relocated Lower Control Arms
Cortex Torque Arm

My question is: I'm going to be installing bags here soon. Airlift system. Has anyone installed airbags with a watts link and relocated lower control arms? Will the air suspension mess anything up with the watts link? Lastly, if you look at the red arrows, will i be smashing the torque arm and the lower control army bracket when i air out completely to the ground?? Just want to know what I will need to adjust.

Attachments

• cortex.jpg
    cortex.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 251

Norm Peterson

Established Member
The control arm bracket is fixed to the axle, so it's not going to drop at all.

It's less clear whether the TA would hit the ground. Can't tell if it's the lowest point on the sprung part of the car. Can't even tell for sure if it's lower than the exhaust, which you wouldn't want hitting the ground either.

As to airing out completely to the ground, you should probably give some thought to the possibility that the ground isn't always going to be nice and flat. An inch of TA clearance isn't going to mean much if you're parked right over a bump/raised manhole cover or the rear tires are sitting in ruts or other low spots.

I'd also give Filip at Cortex a call to find out how much lowering his Watts link will properly tolerate.

Norm

Users who are viewing this thread