Alaskan snowmobiling ---deep ass snow!

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Been posting up random vids over the winter of riding here in Alaska. The area we like to hit experienced a signifigant amount of snowfall during last week, might be a record breaker.

From Wednesday morning to Friday afternoon they recieved 55-60" of new fresh snow. This was on top of the already 15ft present as a base.

1st ones out of the parking lot, this is what it looks like riding on it. If you stepped off the sled you sunk up to your chest/neck. I'm 5'11.

And no you cant see when you are submerged in the snow and still moving, you use the sound of the motor and your balance and somehow come back on top

Enjoy...

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

[ame=http://vimeo.com/36219078]Turny -- Deep v.2 -- Feb 4th on Vimeo[/ame]

edcf5dfc.jpg

6c93d101.jpg

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
broke ur making me want to move to AK! That looks like some great pow. Still no epic snow down here like that. :(

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
broke ur making me want to move to AK! That looks like some great pow. Still no epic snow down here like that. :(

Plenty of room.

Gonna be a tossup in June this year, race the car on saturday, go shred the pow on sunday. Good winters make for better springs, and sometimes early summer depending on snowfall. I rode in 2010 on June 3rd....75 degrees, and plenty of snow.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Awesome!! Man, I wish we could get dumped on like that here. This winter has SUCKED!

Users who are viewing this thread