Alignment Question

PC PaiN

Established Member
So I get my new tires put and finish installing my new brakes and rotors last night. I run the car to PepBoys this morning to get an alignment done. They call me alittle later and want me to come look at the car.

They say they are able to get the car in spec but they can make it better for another 100$. They wanted to pull out some bolts and grind out some holes to give them more play.

Anyone heard of this before? I told them no and that I'm fine with it as long as it's in spec.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
You can get more adjustment by wallowing out the strut bolts.

If the car is in spec and does not pull to either direction then leave it alone.

2k3gt

Established Member
After I got lowered and threw on the new wheels/tires, the alignment shop said they had to drill out my Steeda plates a little more to get better alignment. This sounds like it might be the same situation?...my car drives straight as an arrow now though, so I'd say it might be worth it.

PC PaiN

Established Member
After I got lowered and threw on the new wheels/tires, the alignment shop said they had to drill out my Steeda plates a little more to get better alignment. This sounds like it might be the same situation?...my car drives straight as an arrow now though, so I'd say it might be worth it.

I have no pulling issues so I'm not concerned. Actually I don't recall the car pulling before the alignment either but my tires were wearing like it was pulling.

PC PaiN

Established Member
Yea I will. Sadly I just dropped a fair chunk on getting this thing ready for the road again and it's getting nice outside and will more than likely start being on the bike more often now.

Users who are viewing this thread