• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

All Cobra Database....

Discussion in 'Fox-Body Cobras' started by 97CasperCobra, Sep 30, 2003.

1. 97CasperCobra

97CasperCobra Track is Crack Moderator

Starting to make an Excel database of ALL Cobras from 93-03. Purpose of this will be to:

1) Keep track of all the Cobra owners in internet-land.

2) Know what Cobra owners are in your state and how to get a hold of them.

3) Make it easier to get a hold of owners with same year/color.

4) Just cause it'd be cool to do.

Anyone up for it??

If you're interested I need the following info:

Real name
    Name used on Boards
    Year, color(interior & exterior), vert or coupe
    Build number
    contact(e-mail and/or phone)
    City, State

if I left anything out please let me know. E-mail me the info at [email protected]

Mike

2. cobr96

cobr96 getting old Established Member

I have suggested this and so have others in the past. But no one wants to give out their personal info, because it could be used to locate their car for theft or vandelism purposes. I do have ten cobras on my own 4 - 1993s, 4 - 1994s, 1- 1995, and 1 - 1996. and I have a list of about 120 1993 cobra vin#s, build #s, colors, etc.. I will share with you.

kevin.

3. Liv4Spd

Liv4Spd New Member Established Member

You own 10 cobras :thumbsup: ....can I be your friend:beer:

4. cobr96

cobr96 getting old Established Member

well its not as good as it sounds 1 doesnt have a engine/trans and a couple of others are wrecked , but hopefully I will get done with those one day.

5. Liv4Spd

Liv4Spd New Member Established Member

I'm sure its tough being you, so seeing as how buddy's do favors for each other let me take one of those old decrepit svts off your hands for you, no need to thank me I'm just a nice guy.......everyone needs a friend like me;-)

6. mike_b_svt

mike_b_svt Top down and cruisin' Established Member

Hey Casper, and everyone,

I've been contemplating a '93 Cobra Registry. Unlike yourself, I figure tackling one year is about all I could handle :)

I've even exchanged email with Robert Lyons (of SCOA.org) as well, although he is a bit too busy to take on the project himself. Be we could probably get ALOT of info and help from him though if enough interest in the project is generated.

I don't think generating interest would be a problem though, especially since the '93s are 10 years old now and as "collectable" as ever. Plus they are the only Fox-Bodied SVT Cobras, so alot of people have an affection for the '93s.

Anyhow, I think there sould be a comprehensive '93 SVT Cobra Registry. Y'know, something kinda like the SAAC World Registry, including things like:
    - '93 Cobra specific parts / part#'s
    - cobra part ID guide?
    - '93 cobra literature pics / info
    - production #s (and dates?)
    - VIN decoder / door tag decoder
    - available options (and availability dates for late introductions)
    - photographs
    - factory markings / tags / stickers / paint marks / build sheet info
    - Original SVT dealers & DSO #'s
    - detailed '93 Cobra production info / options breakdown from Ford (i.e. how many of x color w/ x options)

Of course it would include '93 Cobra R info, and possibly Race History for R cars.
    As well as details / history for all (many) of the '93 Cobras- maybe a short blurb / space for each car, with info provided by current / past owners?

Alot of specific vehicle info could be scrounged through CarFax.

I think much of it could be done via the internet too, with possible owner contact info from SVT.

I know it would be alot of work to gather all that info, but with the recent growing interest in SVT vehicles I think it would be an interesting, worthwhile project.

I know JerseyVic was running the SVTRegistry page, but he mentioned to me that he has left the project due to time constraints... So Casper, you might be able to pull some strings and get the webpage you were interested in!

What do you all think?

7. poopnut2

poopnut2 Lifelong Vagetarian Established Member

Give me the 96'.

8. Goodson

Goodson Tuning Required Established Member

I actually wanted to persue this a couple of years back. Even so far as to reserve the web domain and e mail a few people. Many people did not know who I was or why I was doing it so many of them declined to offer any info on the car. I wanted to mainly compare the markings on the car. If you look on the red cars and the teal cars (black cars don't normally have them) there is a yellow stamp or a green stamp either on the top of the radiator support or the top of the fender apron that looks like a date code. It is a date code and shows when the car was completed. I wanted to compare SVT's dates with that date to see how accurate they were. I really did not want to get info on the owners. Just info on the cars. Keeping the Vin# unaccessible by anyone. I definately did not like having the name and location of the owner. I felt that was none of my business. My purpose was to keep track of the design changes of the intake and other parts on the car and even smaller markings for future reference in MCA shows and restoration. I gave up because of the lack of support. You can contact Bob Lyons over at www.scoa.org to see if he would help you. Also Jim from PPI has extensive knowledge on them. I'd love to do it but am not known well enough in the circle of SVT owners to be trusted. I hope to someday. So I'll just be patient.:thumbsup:

9. 93SVTCobra

93SVTCobra Well-Known Member Established Member

Mike,

I think it's a great idea but as other have indicated the SCOA has been tracking all year Cobra's since 93 and has a massed an amazing collection of information and vins on these unique vehicles. I would have a long talk with Bob Lyons if I were you and see where that leads you........

10. 97CasperCobra

Thanks Mark....my goal for this was to make it public knowledge so others could contact those with the same cars, who lived in the same area and all. I've been meaning to rejoin SCOA......Love your cars man....got any pics of the beast in your Avatar????

11. 93SVTCobra

93SVTCobra Well-Known Member Established Member

Any update on this?

12. PJM99

PJM99 New Member Established Member

Sounds like a cool idea

13. 97CasperCobra

bad news....my computer got infected with the Trojan virus a while back and I had to revamp my WHOLE harddrive. I'll check in my saved files, but not sure if the database got saved. I'll let you guys know. I didn't get many people going for it, it was just something I did in MS Excel.

14. CO9B3RA

CO9B3RA New Member Established Member

With the '93 Cobra as the central topic of this thread, I hope it's
    not inappropriate to ask what would be a good source that I could employ in finding a quality, unmodded Teal/grey interiored
    '93 somewhere out west. I'd appreciated any help.
    Definately like the idea of a '93 SVT Cobra Registry; modeling it
    after the Shelby Registry should guarantee success!

15. CO9B3RA

CO9B3RA New Member Established Member

'93Cobra Registry

I seemed to have inadvertantly stopped this thread...can I advertantly restart it....?

'93 Teal Cobra #629, Opal grey leather interior, and an extensive original paperwork packet should be included in the 1993 Cobra Registry. Newly
    acquired 9 Dec. '04, this Cobra is a blast to drive and, at 31k miles, it almost
    smells new as well as being squeekless tight! :beer:

Gentile nudge.... or :poke: I'll buy one of the 1993 Cobra Registrys!

16. got hp

got hp SVT Connoisseur Established Member

well here is my info in case you want to continue the registry. If no one wants to continue it, I will volunteer. I could even put up a small website for all to see with facts and stuff. I will only do the 93 cobras though to start :)

Dan Acevedo
    got-hp
    1993 Mustang Cobra Black gray leather
    [email protected]
    El Paso, Texas

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  17. got hp

got hp SVT Connoisseur Established Member

18. aaron93cobra

aaron93cobra just drive Established Member

hey if theres any way i can help send me a message

teal #680 93

19. bbp42d

bbp42d shakin not stirred Established Member

in my sig..

thanks

20. Jersey Vics

Jersey Vics www.SVTregistry.com Established Member

Hey Mike,

that idea has been brough up time and again but as mentioned above most people are weary of offering up all their personal info because of fear that something might happen to their car.

I don't blame them. Thats why ever since I introduced my registry back on new years 2001 I always asked for the minimum amount of information from the owner, to sort of assure them it won't be used against them.

the last thing you want to create is a shopping list for a thief, but good luck pursuing what you're doing, its a good idea if honest people use it.

--Russ ;)