allocations and production? 350R

arsenalrocks

Established Member
i know for sure 2 out of the 3 is long sold, they are custom ordered for customers who put deposit down months ago

Impulse buyers tend to pay more for cars.

One of the local SVT dealers near by is discounting the 2016 GT350s already. They have 3 available.

guarnibl

Established Member
Bingo. Most GT3 stickered for over $145k. You don't see them used for less than $140k. This should change when the RS comes out and another 991R model to take the place of the cheaper GT3.

Seems to be working the opposite currently. RS going for $350k, and now the 991 GT3 non RS prices are going even higher, along with the 997 GT3's which are now increasing as well. Who knows when sanity will return.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I think it's a really awesome car, but if you pay $350k for a GT3 RS, you are smoking some serious rocks. I struggle with the notion of spending within a couple percent of a Speciale or a 675LT on that car.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Speaking of "allocations and production" - is there any chance these are on the street yet? I think I saw/heard one in Clearwater FL 2 days ago - but I thought no one was getting one for a few more weeks. We hung "opposite corners" (and he/she did so "in haste" :) ) - so I didn't get a real good look to catch any visual queues, but it certainly didn't sound like any Coyote I've heard to date. It was mineral gray or metallic gray - whatever the color is.... Probably just wistful thinking on my part, but figured I'd ask.....

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I think it's a really awesome car, but if you pay $350k for a GT3 RS, you are smoking some serious rocks. ...

I don't believe for one second that that's happening. Chris Harris mentioned it in passing in one of his review videos that people were paying $200K above MSRP and apparently the internet has run wild with it. (Actually, he said they were "trading" at 200,000 pounds above asking.) He, himself, probably read that on a forum somewhere and just repeated it in video. For that kind of money, you could by a Huracan and a nicely appointed 911. Maybe one person with way more money than brains paid that just to be first (or only) in his circle to have one, but I highly doubt anybody else is paying that kind of coin for any kind of 911.

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I don't believe for one second that that's happening. Chris Harris mentioned it in passing in one of his review videos that people were paying $200K above MSRP and apparently the internet has run wild with it. (Actually, he said they were "trading" at 200,000 pounds above asking.) He, himself, probably read that on a forum somewhere and just repeated it in video. For that kind of money, you could by a Huracan and a nicely appointed 911. Maybe one person with way more money than brains paid that just to be first (or only) in his circle to have one, but I highly doubt anybody else is paying that kind of coin for any kind of 911.

100% absolutely is happening, and it's happened repeatedly.

westwest888

GT350R convert
Established Member
Just an FYI, Porsche took about 1000 orders for the GT4 this weekend. I guess they looked at VW's finances and decided it was smart to cash in. That should take a lot of pressure of the market. A GT4 PDK (semi-automatic transmission) should hit the market next year to soak up the rest of the demand when they exhaust the 6 speed manual appetite.

I completely expect Ford to make as many of these as people want, once they get fast at producing them. It seems like GM built the Stingray a little bit too fast because there are major quality issues. You'd expect a GT350 and GT350R to stop the line if there are any quality issues, leading to slow early production.

poki

Established Member
I have a 2016 GT350-R car order agreement and deposit with my local Ford dealer. They had two R allocations and have the last one. But because of the HOLD, even on submitting the order, they are threatening to cancel my order and contract. Does anyone know when Ford will allow dealers to submit orders again, let alone build them?

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a 2016 GT350-R car order agreement and deposit with my local Ford dealer. They had two R allocations and have the last one. But because of the HOLD, even on submitting the order, they are threatening to cancel my order and contract. Does anyone know when Ford will allow dealers to submit orders again, let alone build them?
It's all by region. There's not a national hold.

It shows a hold on the orders until that region accepts orders.

I'm going through this with my 5th car, it's the 1st in the region to get pulled...but I have no idea when that will be. Ford is basically telling me "soon".

I don't know why they would cancel your order?

Also, they received 2 R allocations? Interesting..

Jfoster

Established Member

It's more likely that they have someone else who wants to pay more than you agreed to pay and they are trying to weasel out of your deal. Tell them tough titties.

poki

Established Member
It's all by region. There's not a national hold.

It shows a hold on the orders until that region accepts orders.

I'm going through this with my 5th car, it's the 1st in the region to get pulled...but I have no idea when that will be. Ford is basically telling me "soon".

I don't know why they would cancel your order?

Also, they received 2 R allocations? Interesting..

I am in the Southern California area. What information do you have for this region. My dealer wants to cancel because they want to convert the R allocation to a non-R for a quicker sale. They told me they got two allocations- one for so many 350s and the other by lottery. I need to provide them good information so they won't cancel me. If I can find out when my region would accept orders again, that would be wonderful.

krt22

Established Member
I am in the Southern California area. What information do you have for this region. My dealer wants to cancel because they want to convert the R allocation to a non-R for a quicker sale. They told me they got two allocations- one for so many 350s and the other by lottery. I need to provide them good information so they won't cancel me. If I can find out when my region would accept orders again, that would be wonderful.

I would ask for an email or letter showing they actually have two R allocations. I can't see any rhyme or reason why they would want to covert to a non-R when they could easily sell that R allocation to another dealer for a large markup

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I would ask for an email or letter showing they actually have two R allocations. I can't see any rhyme or reason why they would want to covert to a non-R when they could easily sell that R allocation to another dealer for a large markup
+1

They are either lying or have no idea what you're talking about. Rs are bringing SIGNIFICANTLY more.

I'd ask for proof on their two allocations.

Users who are viewing this thread