Alternators

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
How many amps are our alternators supposed to have? My 2nd one went out and it was the one on the car when I bought it and got it rebuilt this past Friday and the guy told me that it's a 80 amp alternator. I thought mustangs were 130 amps? Any input is appreciated.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
Ahh ok makes sense, learn something new everyday. Thanks bro!!! I just wish we knew why terminators go through alternators.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You already had your alternator rebuilt so best of luck with it. Typical rebuilds don't usually cut the mustard. The only recommend alternators are the stock and the one that Jamie McClinton (Start 'N Charge) sells. Actually the Start 'N Charge is the best one by far. If your rebuild craps out down the road, I highly recommend the Start 'N Charge.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
You already had your alternator rebuilt so best of luck with it. Typical rebuilds don't usually cut the mustard. The only recommend alternators are the stock and the one that Jamie McClinton (Start 'N Charge) sells. Actually the Start 'N Charge is the best one by far. If your rebuild craps out down the road, I highly recommend the Start 'N Charge.

i would agree they are both good, but DB Electric makes great alternator as well, and makes them all the way up to 250 amps if you want. Mines a 220 amp alternator and it works great.

Users who are viewing this thread