Aluminator In

Thunder5.0

Established Member
Well the teskid block was yanked and The Aluminator has a new home. Check it out: :beer:

wma8706

Established Member
June issue of MMFF has a good write up on the new Aluminator motors.... Is yours built for SC or NA?

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
whats the diff between that and the stock 03 motor then? it looks like its the same as a stock motor, I would think it was a stroked version or stronger block or ported heads or something, it looks like same stock forged aluminum block setup as stock and says stock 03-04 heads, ...im confused fill me in ..

diels1

Sidewinder Cobra
Established Member
whats the diff between that and the stock 03 motor then? it looks like its the same as a stock motor, I would think it was a stroked version or stronger block or ported heads or something, it looks like same stock forged aluminum block setup as stock and says stock 03-04 heads, ...im confused fill me in ..

I'm sure there are some other changes, but this is an aluminum block that can handle up to 700 advertised HP.

I'm assuming it also has the revised Terminator heads, Manley rods, forged crank and Mahle pistons. I wonder if they solved the ring clearance issue?

Its a nice option for us Terminator folks and the '96-'01 Cobra and '03-'04 Mach 1 guys for a replacement engine (given the two available compression ratios). Not a bad price, but I wouldn't doubt if in a couple of months you see them advertised for $5,999. :rockon:

wma8706

Established Member
Wow ...we can all be terminators now...:banana: whats the warranty for that engine? Is it more cost effective to just get the short block for $4300 and port your own heads?

wma8706

Established Member
info... Aluminator begins with an aluminum block, saving 65 lbs over the 03-04 iron modular blocks. Forged steel crank, H-beam steel rods, forged pistons, and comes in either low compression for Positive displacement blowers or high compression for NA, Centrifical SC or Nitrous applications.

SVTHII

Banned
info... Aluminator begins with an aluminum block, saving 65 lbs over the 03-04 iron modular blocks. Forged steel crank, H-beam steel rods, forged pistons, and comes in either low compression for Positive displacement blowers or high compression for NA, Centrifical SC or Nitrous applications.

if that's all there is to it, wouldn't a built Teksid be stronger?

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Its a good option for the terminators that dont have an aluminum block, for a 96-01 owner that already has an aluminum block, a big bore rebuild of the stock seasoned block is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread