- Amazing Deal, What Do You Guys Think? -

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Well I was looking around for just brake pads but then stumbled across this cool little deal.

Mustang Cobra Mach 94-00 01 02 03 04 Brake Rotors Pads:eBay Motors (item 220350599482 end time Oct-22-09 00:27:06 PDT)

This is what you get:
Front & Rear Drilled / Slotted Rotors
and
Front and Rear brake pads

all for $171.99 SHIPPED.

Now I know this isn't Brembo or some fancy ass brand but that is a helluva deal IMO don't yall think? I mean I was looking at spending around $100 - $150 on just pads ALONE. So another $20 I can get drilled / slotted rotors? What do you guys think?

I'm not going to be doing any Autocross or anything so I don't really see why I would need a Brembo kit or something of that nature. I'm going for looks more than anything if I went this route.

Anyone buy this or something similar on Ebay?

Thanks for your time
Chris

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
looks like an awesome deal to me,and the pads are ceramic do thats a plus as well!

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
Looks like a good deal to me, but you get what you pay for. I don't know anything about that brand, maybe someone will chime in on their experience.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Looks like a good deal to me, but you get what you pay for. I don't know anything about that brand, maybe someone will chime in on their experience.

I agree. But with it being only $170 and comes with pads I think it's just too good to pass up.

Even if they only last a year, I'd still be happy. I'd like them to last longer though LOL

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
If I get a few guys to chime in here and say they have good experience with this or something similar I'm going for it.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I would pass... cheap rotors tend to crack after some heat cycles. I've wasted my money before and the stock rotors ended up back on.

cb739

Let's Get It!
Established Member
One of my friends picked up a set of these off ebay for his GTO a year ago and he has had zero problems. I was thinkin about buying a set for my car.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
yea...I'd just be worried about quality. If you run them hard or something once and they crack or maybe worse? I'd just get stock rotors and good pads.

vickerw

Established Member
Keep us posted if you pick these up. This is a pretty good deal. They also have a 100% feedback so that's a plus. I think they are worth a shot.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Keep us posted if you pick these up. This is a pretty good deal. They also have a 100% feedback so that's a plus. I think they are worth a shot.

+1. That is also another thing that makes the deal even sweeter.

I wonder if they are the same size as the stock rotors?

SVT GI

Established Member
I bought these about 3 weeks ago and just got them on yesterday. The holes are chamfered to help prevent cracking. Only have about 30 miles on them so its too early to tell. They look good too!

fastlane65

Starting lots of projects
Established Member
I bought a very similar set from a very similar vendor for my F150. It was a couple of months before I had a chance to put them on. Both fronts were warped. Vendor said "happens all the time, just take them to a shop and get them turned." Wouldn't take them back or trade for new ones because I'd had them a couple of months. All the vendors feedback had been good too.

SVT GI

Established Member
Yep, same exact ones. They are the correct fit. I was watching them in "my ebay" for a month before i pulled the trigger. I just took the tires off and back on again about 4 times today trying to track a long tube leak and didn't take any pictures. They pretty much look like the picture and do have the zinc coating. I painted my calipers too so it really made them pop!

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I bought a very similar set from a very similar vendor for my F150. It was a couple of months before I had a chance to put them on. Both fronts were warped. Vendor said "happens all the time, just take them to a shop and get them turned." Wouldn't take them back or trade for new ones because I'd had them a couple of months. All the vendors feedback had been good too.

Damn, sorry to hear man.

Last edited:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Yep, same exact ones. They are the correct fit. I was watching them in "my ebay" for a month before i pulled the trigger. I just took the tires off and back on again about 4 times today trying to track a long tube leak and didn't take any pictures. They pretty much look like the picture and do have the zinc coating. I painted my calipers too so it really made them pop!

Badass. Could you do me a huge favor and take some pics? Even with your phone if possible would be GREAT. Some close ups then of the car so I can see how they look.

I will be using the search here in a second to see what I can pull up on some Cobras with drilled / slotted rotors.

Last edited:

Chris01Bullitt

Established Member
Seems like a good deal, but just remember you get what you pay for...I might just have to get some since I'm on a strict budget and need brakes. Good find man!

Users who are viewing this thread