Amazon Fire TV/Stick thread

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
The one mysterious part I don't get, and maybe you gents can explain it to a simpleton such as myself, but once I loaded Kodi it didn't seem much different than Plex. I suppose in 3rd party add-ons, that's where you get regular tv and movies? What do you suggest for add-ons?

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I use the titanium add-on/skin.

The difference between kodi and plex is that with plex you need to download the media then watch it and with kodi you just pick a show and watch it.

96dreamer

Established Member
Well i got the fire tv set up running titanium. super easy setup. Takes a little getting used to on navigation. When the screens pop up saying you need to visit a site do you guys ignore those and pick a different source? That was one thing I didn't really understand.

I'm looking into running vpn now due to increased traffic to sketchy servers and the fact that i have charter and have heard of people getting letter for torrenting. Nord VPN has a deal going on right now for $4/month for a 2 year plan which is pretty low price to pay for web privacy. I like the idea of it even if i didn't have the fire tv.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Well i got the fire tv set up running titanium. super easy setup. Takes a little getting used to on navigation. When the screens pop up saying you need to visit a site do you guys ignore those and pick a different source? That was one thing I didn't really understand.

I'm looking into running vpn now due to increased traffic to sketchy servers and the fact that i have charter and have heard of people getting letter for torrenting. Nord VPN has a deal going on right now for $4/month for a 2 year plan which is pretty low price to pay for web privacy. I like the idea of it even if i didn't have the fire tv.

yeah i just jump to the next link.

ill have to look up what they were called but i added (add on?) some features where you can bookmark your favorite shows in exodus. "my collection". movies too. so you dont have to search for them every time. all stuff i found reading user comments online lol.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i have a firetv and it sucks. They are known for having issues working with netflix, in fact right now the voice is so far out of sync on netflix it is not even watchable. not to mention the junk remotes, Amazon is FILLED with complaints about failed remotes. Side loaded kodi and then the netflix app wouldn't even open so i removed kodi.

My Nvidia shield tv on the other hand runs flawlessly. Kodi never buffers like my ebay android box did. I really do enjoy Kodi, dont miss directv on bit.

How do you guys feel about running a VPN? Like IP Vanish or similar, does it unlock more content?

havent had any real remote issues. some times it will take half a minute to connect to the box but thats on initial start up. doesnt happen often.

for netflix shows i just find them via exodus on kodi. they work just fine. we've been watching House of Cards for the past month on it.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I just bought the fire TV, loaded Kodi with Exodus on it. Like it so far, haven't played around with it much.

Any other apps that are recommended to load?

if you install Titanium it will load everything you need all at once. all the best/popular add ons. exodus, salts, phoenix, etc... some live sports add ons as well. you should do a fresh install though. reset the box to factory default. install kodi again, then straight to titanium. then youre done.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
This may be the dumbest question yet. But i bought one to watch live sports. It works great for movies and I don't have much time to fool with it having kids but when I go to the Live sports ad-ons that are already installed and search what I want to watch it never works. Its always unable to connect or unable to stream or whatever. Do I need to install another or more ad ons? I've never installed anything on it, I just use what it came with when I bought it.

If somebody could dumb it down for me a little. So I don't have to spend to much time trying to research it that would be great, lol.

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread