American Racing Long Tube Headers IN STOCK

NvrEnfHP

Established Member
Van,

I'm not trying to sound like too much of a P***Y, but I can't handle the smell with cats removed.

Is there an option for people like me, that want long tube headers but also to kill the smell with cats?

Thanks.

-James

Van@RevanRacing

I don't recommend after market cats on these cars.

We could always go with E-85 and the long tubes and off road exhaust!
No fumes, different fuel.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't recommend after market cats on these cars.

We could always go with E-85 and the long tubes and off road exhaust!
No fumes, different fuel.

No aftermarket cats because of a tuning issue(position, cat protection) or due to possible failure under high hp? Or both?

About to pull the trigger myself!

supraman1990

Established Member
Van, when do you see it as beneficial to step up to the 2" primary and how much more of a pain does it make them to install to go to the 2" over the 1 7/8? I only want to do this one time so I want to make sure I order what will fit my eventual goal. PM me if you'd like

Van@RevanRacing

Van, when do you see it as beneficial to step up to the 2" primary and how much more of a pain does it make them to install to go to the 2" over the 1 7/8? I only want to do this one time so I want to make sure I order what will fit my eventual goal. PM me if you'd like

If you're long term goal is over 1,000 RWHP I would recommend going with 2" Headers. Otherwise the 1 7/8th will work fine.

Van

Van@RevanRacing

Will any performance loss be seen at the 7-800whp bolt on level with the bigger primary? And how much more difficult is install with the larger primary?

The larger primaries will require some adaptation of the steering shaft and might require manipulation of some of the header tubes to clearance.

There isn't a performance loss but the 2" is overkill on a 700-800 hp car.

Users who are viewing this thread