• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Americans driving to Canada for cheaper insulin

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Kevins89notch, Jul 8, 2019.

1. COOL COBRA

COOL COBRA Hell Yes! Premium Member Established Member

Woah easy big fella. My balls are in check. I don't feel like arguing. I don't need insulin although I feel for the folks that do.
    You bring up a topic that I want to argue about tho, I'll be there.

2. MG0h3

MG0h3 Premium Member Premium Member Established Member Established Member

The government can’t do anything right....but you want them to manage healthcare for 330million? Are you serious?

Sent from the El Paso JR college dorm using the svtperformance.com mobile app

lOOKnGO, gimmie11s, me32 and 3 others like this.
  3. 03Sssnake

03Sssnake TK-421 Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Are you referring to the disease itself?

Type 1 diabetics have no control over it. Type 2 is pretty much self inflicted by shitty diet, lack of exercise etc... though some are more genetically predisposed to develop it.

4. MG0h3

They doubled because of Obamacare. You’re now paying for everyone that can’t afford to take care of themselves.

And save me the BS. I got a job right out of high school that offered healthcare.

lOOKnGO, gimmie11s, Corbic and 3 others like this.
  5. 03Sssnake

03Sssnake TK-421 Established Member Beer Money Bros.

and fashionable business attire :D

FJohnny and gimmie11s like this.
  6. MG0h3

Actually I was an auto tech til 23.

Holy ****ing shit. Honors in High School. Did Running Start (scholarship to Tech School during junior and senior year) got a good job at 18.

****ing mind blowing what happens if you work and apply yourself.

lexustech48, lOOKnGO, T.Man and 5 others like this.
  7. Kevins89notch

Kevins89notch Well-Known Member Established Member

Defeat the British, conquer the West, the Industrial Revolution, WW1, WW2, put a man on the moon

...yeah, we're just a bunch of idiots, right? Why bother! We can't do anything right.

Congrats though, you're thought process is exactly what they want you to think.

I'll save you your next reply where you bring up the VA. You'll not going to like this, but do you know why the VA sucks? Because no one gives two shits about vets. They don't. Maybe if their parent or son is, they care a little. Even then, they don't write their senators, they don't protest...because they mostly don't care. Target had their computers go down nationwide for 2 hours and they get 10 times the complaints then any senator does in their life, about the VA.

Would universal health care or a single payer system be a flawless change? Absolutely not, but when the whole county depends on it, you can bet your ass things would get fixed ASAP!

shurur likes this.
  8. HillbillyHotRod

HillbillyHotRod Hooligan rabble rouser Established Member

Okay aside from the VA how about that other wonderfully run government program, Amtrack? Cannot even keep trains on schedule. Then there is the Postal Service. Yeah it is semi private but still governed by .gov. Takes 3 day to get a letter across the street. In other words .gov cannot run anything smoothly or profitably.

9. Kevins89notch

Amtrack? More care about the VA than amtrack, and as I've said, almost no one cares about the VA.

The post office? I'm not saying they are flawless, but look at the facts. You can pay like $40 at 4pm, and have me a letter in under 16 hours, when I live multiple states away. Not in a hurry, under $1 can get me the same thing and it will arrive in 2-3 days.

EDIT: So, I honestly googled and looked into the Post Offices numbers and some facts and learned a few things. Yes they are losing billions. One reason is health care costs. Beyond that, plenty of folks say the answer to fix the post office is to do what UK, Germany, NZ, Japan, and other countries have done and privatize the post office. Wait...say that again...when our system isn't working, we should copy another countries successful idea. Oh, looks like a single payer system would work then, huh?

...and to toss in a little sarcasm, my local post office is kept at about 70 degrees, 24 hours a day. If they have 30,000+ offices all running the AC like that, none stop, there's a couple billion wasted.

10. dannydarko11

dannydarko11 Yeah...no, I know Established Member

Well, well, well..

giphy.gif

More government interventionism...

giphy.gif

Everything is ****ing stupid..

11. blk02edge

blk02edge Well-Known Member Established Member

+1 I have had two surgerys for a non life threatening disese (chronic sinusitus) and have had two surgeries so far in my life, both times within a month wait. Also had to be admitted to hospital and get Xrays from a recent race car crash and was in almost immediately upon arrival.

That said, our system does work well for us but down south where they have 300x the amount of illegal immigrants and freeloaders I would not dare try to implement our system.

shurur, FJohnny and 03Sssnake like this.
  12. Blown 89

Blown 89 Well-Known Member Established Member

How on Earth did you get that conclusion from what I wrote? I'd like to see the government to leverage pharmaceutical companies over price gauging citizens, not take over healthcare.

shurur and me32 like this.
  13. Blown 89

Blown 89 Well-Known Member Established Member

Illegal immigration is straining our healthcare here Going to the hospital for a non life threatening emergencies puts you in line behind every Jose, Jesus, Francisco, and Maria getting general healthcare.

me32 likes this.
  14. Kevins89notch

They are smart. They know they can't be turned away, and they know they will never be billed. Someone making 250K a year doesn't care what his monthly insurance rates are. Now me and you, we might care a bit more as we're not rich, but those CEOs still want their 10 million dollar bonus, so they just jack our rates to cover the poor who don't pay. So the only ones getting ****ed are the middle class. Geez, it's almost like we could turn over out insurance payments in the form of taxes, have a universal/single payer system and stop getting ****ed.

shurur and me32 like this.
  15. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Handlebar mustaches... PSSHHH! Established Member Established Member

Cool story, Pedro. How’s it all going for you anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

16. Kevins89notch

Wouldn't know, I pay $250 a month for shitty health care.

17. MG0h3

Give me a ****ing break.

Every vet I know, outside of my father, gets a minimum 1600 a month in disability. Three of 9 of them ran marathons in the last year. None of them saw combat.

I know two they get 3k and pay zero property tax.

The guys I work with don’t even use DOL for work injuries. They go to the VA because it’s so easy.

Next.

18. MG0h3

So you hate illegals getting free health care? Why would you want the dim socialized health care? They all did illegals get it.

lexustech48 and 03Sssnake like this.
  19. MG0h3

Are you a VET?

jeffh81 likes this.
  20. Tob

Tob Salut! Staff Member Super Moderator

Defeat the British - This was back when a man had a penis and a woman had a vagina. Men were allowed to save themselves and protect the women from tyranny without fear of a lawsuit (gun manufacturers included).

conquer the West - See "Defeat the British."

put a man on the moon - Lol. When the "Space Force" program is launched we will see.....er, wait. That's right, we shouldn't be pissing money away when we have so many illegals to pay for. They need to be healthy enough to make it down to the voting booth so they can choose to bring in more of their ilk.

the Industrial Revolution
    - The EPA had yet to be created, nor the NLRB (1935), the Dept of Labor was young (1913). We were self sufficient and not overly regulated like we are today. People were motivated to work because they were hungry and most didn't expect others to support them. Welfare wasn't created until 1935. Monies weren't deducted from your check like they are today. See a theme here?

WW1, WW2 - See "Defeat the British" and "the Industrial Revolution."

put a man on the moon - Lol. When the "Space Force" program is launched we will see.....er, wait. That's right, we shouldn't be pissing money away when we have so many illegals to pay for. They need to be healthy enough to make it down to the voting booth so they can choose to bring in more of their ilk.

yeah, we're just a bunch of idiots, right? Why bother! We can't do anything right - We could if men were allowed to once again have a penis and women were the ones with a vagina (the ones born that way). Remember, our very sustenance relies on an erection. The current libtardian emasculation movement dictates other wise. In essence, we (or at least half the nation), are indeed idiots. You reap what you sow.

you know why the VA sucks - Let me guess. Is the government involved in the program in any way?

Would universal health care or a single payer system be a flawless change?
    So...work more, pay more, get less coverage so that many could continue to not work, continue to not pay, and get equal or greater coverage? Would the government in any way be involved in this scheme?