• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Americans driving to Canada for cheaper insulin

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Kevins89notch, Jul 8, 2019.

1. lexustech48

lexustech48 RIP FoMoCo 1903-2014 Premium Member Established Member

I mean... technically Nazi scientists helped get the US to the Moon... soooo....

Splitting hairs at this point.

You know what will "fix" the US healthcare system? Drop all these phony regulations and allow true capitalism to flourish once again. True competition will force these idiots to drop their premiums. All it takes is one company to fire the first price drop salvo and its game on.

Though, the one caveat I have for that is drug ads. Prescription only drugs should NOT be allowed to advertise. I, as a patient, should not bother my doctor about random new drug X.

Rather, I should be told about random drug X by my doctor. And only if my doctor thinks it will benefit me based on all the side effects.

BOOGIE MAN and 03Sssnake like this.
  2. 03Sssnake

03Sssnake TK-421 Established Member Beer Money Bros.

RE: the doctor recommending drugs. If you walk into a doctors office with drug ads everywhere, mfer looks like he’s sponsored by Pfizer, then you may wanna go somewhere else. Pharma reps have many a doctor in their pockets.

me32 and lexustech48 like this.
  3. Kevins89notch

Kevins89notch Well-Known Member Established Member

Advertising drugs is illegal in multiple countries. Especially when long term effects on a newer drug are unknown, I'm all for banning ads for drugs.

shurur likes this.
  4. Blk04L

Blk04L . . . Premium Member Established Member

I think insurance is one part of the problem.

Sure, if it was a "freer" market there may be some dropping in price, but they simply won't go cutthroat pricing.

They got profit margins to maintain. Why drop prices to the point of hurting quarterly earnings? They know most people can't afford a simple ER visit or getting sick.

Healthcare, IMO is broken here from top to bottom. High, inflated prices at hospitals, doctors paying high prices for their professional insurance and high costs for certain medications.
    Add in some doctors sell out to big pharma and pass out pain pills like they are candy(see Florida and other states with Oxy issues).

Kevins89notch and 03Sssnake like this.