AMS just gave UGR some company...

M-Phibian

Established Member
"At the strip" Big deal?
UGR cars go from a rolling 60-130 in 3 seconds flat. I'd love to see this "drag supra" do that same.

The fastest UGR car has never ran better than 3.00 even on a drag strip. This car also bested UGR's fastest 100-150 time. Kevin, (the owner of UGR) simply stated "the Bears still suck, that's all I've got", in response to this record. Even he knows his cars can't touch this "drag Supra.", lol. :beer:

61mmstang94

Established Member
Good god.

Not too far from a 7 (though it'll be some work to ever get to it) and 185 on 18" wheels?

That's a badass car....no other words to describe it.

cclark

Established Member
I guess you guys missed my point or I have to word it better. Wasn't referring to any specific 'drag supra' I was just asking a question, let me rephrase without anyone getting their panties in a bunch.

For the guys who have actually done this and have fast cars, beginning from a stop, 0-130 mph vs pacing at 60 mph and then accelerating to 130, what time would be faster? I ask because would the 60-130 of alpha omega be the same as it just performed if started out at 60 mph, like the TI events? Understand?

mr2cam

Established Member
I guess you guys missed my point or I have to word it better. Wasn't referring to any specific 'drag supra' I was just asking a question, let me rephrase without anyone getting their panties in a bunch.

For the guys who have actually done this and have fast cars, beginning from a stop, 0-130 mph vs pacing at 60 mph and then accelerating to 130, what time would be faster? I ask because would the 60-130 of alpha omega be the same as it just performed if started out at 60 mph, like the TI events? Understand?

Starting from a dead stop and building up to 130 will make for a quicker 60-130, at least I think it would..

SVTCobra60

Established Member

I wouldn't call my car fast, but accelerating from 0-130 opposed to 60-130 is much different. 60-130 you already have full acceleration pushing you, also, you have a much higher velocity when the timer starts counting. If the alpha omega were to do a rolling start from 60 and punch it, the time would be different. One example you already have a object at full acceleration approaching 60, the other you have to apply that much more force to it because it is only "cruising"

darksrt

Established Member
**** man, ANYWAY enough with the bullshit. Congratulations to AMS on setting a new bar.

61mmstang94

Established Member
:lol1: @ The names for these ****ing cars. "Alpha Omega"...."Godzilla" 12 year old boys building/driving these things.

You see a car on 18" wheels running a quarter mile of bottom 8s with the MPH to go 7s and that's what comes to mind? Lol

That's what we call a hater, sir.

Besides, at least omega and alpha are historical terms from the Greek alphabet. But "Termi" is just so cool. And how about ford coming out with a rather lousy f150 with some stickers and calling it the "Tremor"!!! :rolling:

Last edited:

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
:lol1: @ The names for these ****ing cars. "Alpha Omega"...."Godzilla" 12 year old boys building/driving these things.
Says the guy with a 12 year old video game reference in his sig. Hating/jealousy is so... 12 year old ish. OH SNAP.

You see a car on 18" wheels running a quarter mile of bottom 8s with the MPH to go 7s and that's what comes to mind? Lol

That's what we call a hater, sir.

M-Phibian

Established Member
Whether or not you are accelerating from 0, 20mph or 50mph, the 60-130 will be the same if all other things are equal. All that matters is that you are at WOT by the time you reach 60 and that you aren't spinning.

I've validated thousands of 60-130 runs since I first came up with the idea 6 years ago, and typically the fastest runs for a typical car are done on the street. My guess is if AMS went out to run dedicated 60-130 runs on the street in this car, they would run a faster time than what they ran on the strip.

Last edited:

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
All that speed and I bet it still retains factory driveability. As much as I first disliked these cars you can't deny how badass they are.

-Eric

Poppacapp

Established Member
The fastest UGR car has never ran better than 3.00 even on a drag strip. This car also bested UGR's fastest 100-150 time. Kevin, (the owner of UGR) simply stated "the Bears still suck, that's all I've got", in response to this record. Even he knows his cars can't touch this "drag Supra.", lol. :beer:

You should know all too well, that UGR tends to "hold back" their bests to be release when someone posts theirs. They are generally always ahead of the competition.. ie.. rumors their TT Aventador has gone <3.0

61mmstang94

Established Member
You should know all too well, that UGR tends to "hold back" their bests to be release when someone posts theirs. They are generally always ahead of the competition.. ie.. rumors their TT Aventador has gone <3.0

Well I'd say AMS is doing pretty good getting an R35 to push a $400,000+ car to the limit, back and forth.

Either way I like seeing it because I personally like both and would obviously take a TT Aventador over an AMS R35...but can't deny how insane the GTR has turned out to be.

And some people keep saying "we'll UGR keeps coming back faster".....well AMS has been doing just the same so until AMS can't come back with faster times like they do each time I wouldn't say one is better than the other especially since they have two different calibers of cars they're working with also.

Only thing it'd prove is that the Aventador can be pushed further than an R35 and which will spend the time and money in development to "win" this battle.

Last edited:

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
IMHO, way more impressive to see this done with a little V6 than an exotic V-10 or V-12. Congrats AMS!

Users who are viewing this thread