An Alternative for the MGW Shifter Handle Now Exists!

Hicompression

Hah!
Established Member
I don't have one....but UPR came out with their own adjustable handle. Check out the link. Clicky! Whaddya think?

extreme_stick_LRG.gif

eod guy

Established Member
looks good, waiting to hear if it works as well. Who will be the first kid on the block to have one?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice handle but surely no reason for present MGW users to switch. If the price is right it's another choice for new buyers. :)

coleman

Established Member
Originally posted by Hicompression
...but UPR came out with their own adjustable handle.
...Whaddya think?
:lol: ... blatant copy?
if they take the time to copy something, they should at least improve on it ... :lol1:

Last edited:

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Hicompression
I don't have one....but UPR came out with their own adjustable handle. Check out the link. Clicky! Whaddya think?

extreme_stick_LRG.gif

Looks like a cheap copy of the MGW shift lever. UPR should be hung for copying the thing. I hope MGW had a patent on their handle and takes UPR to court.

RAP66

Established Member
there was a thread about UPR copying parts to sell as their own... I did a search but seems it may be lost :shrug:

and your total savings is a whopping $2.05 :bowdown:

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Imitation is the strongest form of flattery.:shrug:

Same as Steeda and all the others copying the PRO 5.0

Some may be junk, some may work fine. Competition keeps all of them "honest"

Some here claim UPR's 3-hook Quadrant superior to Steedas so they are capable of making something correct.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
I just ordered an MGW handle yesterday. Looks like UPR is a day late and a dollar short. Well, maybe $2.05 short :p

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by postban

Some here claim UPR's 3-hook Quadrant superior to Steedas so they are capable of making something correct.
I agree about copying parts (happens way too often) but you need to look again at the TriAx. It is not a copy of the Pro 5.0. It may be similar (which would be normal) but it is not a copy.
:)

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by postban

It's called intellectual property. Integrity is severely lacking in todays society.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
UPR's piece looks cast. Can't tell for sure from picture, can't find part on their website.

MGW piece is CNC machined from billet, then anodized. Much classier.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
well i guess i did not expect any less from upr. just thought it would have happened by now. those guys could have atv least used a little creativity and made a unique design but i guess that would take an ounce of talent.

anyway , i am going to get to work on trying to make our a handles a bit more efficiently and hopefully match the price. but price is not how i set the products i design. i make them function right first.

there are some serious shortcomings with uprs version but i guess they will just have to find them out for themselves.:mj:

also i do not see the rubber flanges, washers, lock nuts etc. we include in our kit for the 2.05 savings they give . i wonder if they are gonna include them. they should as the flange is the key to improving noise.

i want thank all of you that have purchased our shifter handle and hope that this cheap imitation does not sway you future cobra guys but just in case i am gonna go one step further...

i am going to change the price on monday of our handle to 30.00 and just figure out a way to still make money on them. i think i can just by making them in higher volume runs . if i can't thats my problem.

also if anybody has ordered an MGW shifter handle in the past EVER then you can get a 5.00 credit towards any future MGW order.

why am i doing this??? because some of the money i had put into the price was to recoup r&d costs and i can chop that off. that may at least account for a few dollars in my costs. upr has the luxury of no shame so r&d does not cost them a dime.

oh and also ...

because UPR SUCKS!!!!!!!:xpl:

regards
george
MGW

Last edited:

coleman

Established Member
wow ... i've bought, buy, & will continue to buy all my goodies from MGWltd !!!
:beer:
i've got just about everything they offer... :lol1: and love it all!

coleman

Established Member
MGW, do this. offer a lower cost alternative ... that matches UPRs knock-off version exactly (even w/o nuts & bolts) and compare them side by side on your site ...
IOW, cheaper version for same price as UPR right next to your deluxe (in your case, original) version :)

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by MGW
well i guess i did not expect any less from upr. just thought it would have happened by now. those guys could have atv least used a little creativity and made a unique design but i guess that would take an ounce of talent.

anyway , i am going to get to work on trying to make our a handles a bit more efficiently and hopefully match the price. but price is not how i set the products i design. i make them function right first.

there are some serious shortcomings with uprs version but i guess they will just have to find them out for themselves.:mj:

also i do not see the rubber flanges, washers, lock nuts etc. we include in our kit for the 2.05 savings they give . i wonder if they are gonna include them. they should as the flange is the key to improving noise.

i want thank all of you that have purchased our shifter handle and hope that this cheap imitation does not sway you future cobra guys but just in case i am gonna go one step further...

i am going to change the price on monday of our handle to 30.00 and just figure out a way to still make money on them. i think i can just by making them in higher volume runs . if i can't thats my problem.

also if anybody has ordered an MGW shifter handle in the past EVER then you can get a 5.00 credit towards any future MGW order.

why am i doing this??? because some of the money i had put into the price was to recoup r&d costs and i can chop that off. that may at least account for a few dollars in my costs. upr has the luxury of no shame so r&d does not cost them a dime.

oh and also ...

because UPR SUCKS!!!!!!!:xpl:

regards
george
MGW

That's a generous offer George but I'm happy with my MGW handle and if I order any more MGW items in the future, don't worry about the five dollar credit for me, I think you deserve it.

Users who are viewing this thread